Ontario Earthquake

Rob Keeble

Dont know how many of you felt it but we just had an earthquake up here in Toronto.

5.5 from what the news says and second aftershock in Ottawa.

I was on the phone and the whole house was shaking. Thought i was loosing it when i saw the walls moving in front of me. Have not been drinking either.:rofl::rofl:

Any of you feel it?

Guess Vaughn will say what you worried about we get those all the time:D

Sure did, Rob.

My monitor was jiggling and I thought it was my fault (I tend to bounce my leg when distracted). I moved my leg away from the desk and stopped the monitor from wiggling. Then it started shaking again, and more, and then there was a quiet rumble.

My colleague and I first looked outside to make sure there wasn't a heavy truck going by (Lots of construction on campus this summer) and then up and down the hall we heard from other folks who felt it.

My brother-in-law in Ottawa reported his house shaking for about 30 seconds, and my Sister in Niagara-on-the-lake also felt it.

Some folks here say they felt the movement - nearly 350 miles away. I didn't feel a thing, but I'm accustomed (or used to be) to California earth movement.

What is absolutely ridiculous is that the City of Youngstown, Ohio actually evacuated a City office building complex and called in an engineering firm for an emergency damage inspection! Some of the folks who work in the Oak Hill complex aren't back into the building yet! Talk about over reacting! :rofl::rofl:

JIM D, Youngtown is a lot closer to the quake center compare to Cincinnati , some building in Cincy were swinging in tune with the quake or a big rig driving by on the street and they empty the buildings