Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USPS dropped off a package...Too quick for the A-Line-It Jig I ordered....

USPS dropped off a package...Too quick for the A-Line-It Jig I ordered....

A little history. I opted in for the Plane giveaway that Dan Gonzales offered up in May, and said something about not having any planes and working on something that I could use one on. Well, I'm not sure if I have this right or not, but it appears Mr. Ambassador made one available, had Brent Dowell PM me for my address, and Ken Werner mailed out a Stanley #5. That is what USPS dropped off. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2697.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	46516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2701.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	46517 I'm blown away!!!!! I took the pictures of it on top of the project I was working on that I could have used it on. As you can see, I was able to work around not having one. But it would have been so much easier with this.

Thank You!!! to all who were involved in this. I don't feel I deserve your gift, but you all definitely have my gratitude!

But you aren't off the hook yet. Someone needs to write a primmer or point me to a web site on how to tune this thing up!!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Congrqats Jim, this is a wonderful family huh...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

You're not kidding! I've sent PMs to the ones involved that I know about. If there are others, please let me know. Brent, doesn't look like you do PMs, so let me thank you here for your part in this. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Had no clue that is what happened with the plane Ken had I know Larry bought it but no more. I thought it was an addition to his stash of planes. I was at the ambassador's just tonight and was going to ask to see the plane he got from Ken and forgot to ask, and now I see it's with you, AWESOME SUPER job Larry and to all else involved. give aways are the best, more so when you don't know your are receiving a give away Enjoy and make good use of that plane Jim Ken, maybe you can do a tutorial of the ABC's of sharpening and setup??? the short time I had with you and Larry expanded my knowledge 10X at a minimum AND have put to use

Congrats, Jim. Ain't surprises like this great?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    ...Brent, doesn't look like you do PMs, so let me thank you here for your part in this. Jim.
    Are you getting an error message when trying to send to him? Maybe his Inbox is full? I'll look under the hood and see if I can see anything. He's a Mod, so his PM stuff should be working.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

My part in the conspiracy was trivial, I assure you. It's all them other guys faults!

Congrats on the 'new' plane!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I'm glad to have played a minor role in this, but the real credit goes to the Ambassador. He's the man.

Tom, I'm glad my little demo was of some use. I think sharpening is one of those things that is best taught in person. I'd be glad to do a tutorial, but I'm not sure I can add anything to instructions already widely published. There's a good article in the current FWW that really nails the essentials.

Quote Originally Posted by ken werner View Post
    I think sharpening is one of those things that is best taught in person. I'd be glad to do a tutorial, but I'm not sure I can add anything to instructions already widely published. There's a good article in the current FWW that really nails the essentials.
    I think you are right Ken, lots of info has already been posted and published. I do believe I told you when you were here that I have read the books, listened to the stories, but nothing is better then in person. Watching some one who is passionate in what they are doing, to me is priceless, THANKS AGAIN Ken

Tom, my friend, you are most welcome.

Man i love these things and this forum. These acts restore my faith in humanity. I am so happy for you Jim I think tomorrow i will go out and use one of my planes just to celebrate.

Larry, Brent , Ken...I tip my hat to all of you. What great thought and observation. The big guys is watching out for you.
    cheers