Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garage Workshop

Decatur, Alabama

Garage Workshop

Here's some pics of my shop finally. Hopefully I'll have a stand alone shop in the next year, but for now it works. My biggest problem really is dealing with the humidity and rust. I have to clean and wax any hand tools I use at the end of the day or they'll be rusted the next morning. Some AC would be nice too.

There's some more trains and the end table in the works on the bench.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Way to clean..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Decatur, Alabama
    I just pulled everything out of the garage cleaning trying to get all my wood up on shelves. I got everything but a 1' pile on the ground up on shelving so it was worthwhile. Thought I'd take some pictures while I was at it.

Indianapolis area
    Nice wood storage. +1 on the AC!

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

new york city burbs
    If my work area was that organized, Id never find anything.
    Are you related to Glenn?

Reno NV
    Great Googly Moogly Jeb! You need to get yourself some more junk!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Great looking shop Jeb
    Faith, Hope & Charity

GTA Ontario Canada
    Holy moly Jebb i just cleaned up my shop and it dont look like that. Has your bandsaw just come out of the box?

I like the lumber storage Another +1 for using metal supports as opposed to the 2x4, look at how little space is wasted in between shelves. Thats perfect in my opinion.

Of course if you have the space certain private lumber stashes in MI have then its a different story.

Kansas City, Missouri
    I have to agree Jeb...way too clean and organized. Got a great collection of clamps there. Trains look like they would be a fun project. Will you be posting pics of them?

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Decatur, Alabama

I'll be posting train pics when they're done, and I can post the plan too. I originally made a couple for my nephew and friend. I had requests for a couple more, so made another 5 while I was at it.

The bandsaw is pretty new, just a couple months ago.

The shelving is vertical strips/doubled clip in brackets from lowes. I love them, they turned out sturdier than I expected. I have about 100 lbs per bracket load on them and they are rock solid.