Garage Workshop

Jeb Taylor

Here's some pics of my shop finally. Hopefully I'll have a stand alone shop in the next year, but for now it works. My biggest problem really is dealing with the humidity and rust. I have to clean and wax any hand tools I use at the end of the day or they'll be rusted the next morning. Some AC would be nice too.

There's some more trains and the end table in the works on the bench.

Attachments

• IMG_1057_1.jpg
    IMG_1057_1.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1058_1.jpg
    IMG_1058_1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1059_1.jpg
    IMG_1059_1.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 293
I just pulled everything out of the garage cleaning trying to get all my wood up on shelves. I got everything but a 1' pile on the ground up on shelving so it was worthwhile. Thought I'd take some pictures while I was at it.

Holy moly Jebb i just cleaned up my shop and it dont look like that. Has your bandsaw just come out of the box?:D

I like the lumber storage :thumb: Another +1 for using metal supports as opposed to the 2x4, look at how little space is wasted in between shelves. Thats perfect in my opinion.:thumb:

Of course if you have the space certain private lumber stashes in MI have then its a different story.:D;)

I have to agree Jeb...way too clean and organized. Got a great collection of clamps there. Trains look like they would be a fun project. Will you be posting pics of them?

Thanks,

I'll be posting train pics when they're done, and I can post the plan too. I originally made a couple for my nephew and friend. I had requests for a couple more, so made another 5 while I was at it.

The bandsaw is pretty new, just a couple months ago.

The shelving is vertical strips/doubled clip in brackets from lowes. I love them, they turned out sturdier than I expected. I have about 100 lbs per bracket load on them and they are rock solid.

Great looking shop, not a bad size at all, looks about the same size as my Dungeon :huh: :dunno: which is 14' x 22'

I hear you about the rust, and AC would be great, but to stop the rust, have you thought about just a small dehumidifier? I have one in my Dungeon Annex and it does a great job of knocking down the humidity.

Cheers!

If I get a stand alone shop I'll probalby put a dehumidifier in. With the garage door opening for my wife to park inside I figured it would cost a lot to keep running. I have thought about making a small enclosed cabinet with some type of dehumidifier hooked up to the cabinet, or desicant packs or something.