Lamp glass bead making

Ted Tailor

What does this have to do with wood turning?? I have turned about a dozen bottle stoppers, turned one lidded vessel using the Beall Tool Co method.

I am going to use these little lamp glass beads as finials and decorations on the bottle stoppers and lidded vessels.

I am taking a class this fall at the J-Ring Glass Studio in St Paul.

Attachments

• lenewee teachers Beads-cropped.jpg
    lenewee teachers Beads-cropped.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 46
What does this have to do with wood turning?? I have turned about a dozen bottle stoppers, turned one lidded vessel using the Beall Tool Co method.

I am going to use these little lamp glass beads as finials and decorations on the bottle stoppers and lidded vessels.

I am taking a class this fall at the J-Ring Glass Studio in St Paul.

Ted neet idea.:thumb:I was raised up not far from corning NY, where they have , or at least had a large glass co. As a school kid we would take field trips up there ounce a year. You talk about neet what some of then artest could do with glass was just amazing.Good luck with your corse and i look foward to hearing about it when it happens.:D
Steve

I love to watch the glass artists. I wish there was a cheap way to get into the glass blowing end of it. Good luck on your venture. I join the others in being anxious to see the results.

That will make a great use of mixed mediums Ted! :thumb:

Back when I did quite a bit of stained glass I was trying to get my wife into bead making. She and my daughter used to make a lot of jewelry together. I signed her up for the class and the night of, she was not feeling well, so I got to take the class instead. Had a lot of fun doing it and found it to be rewarding, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as well.