Secret Storage...

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So, Sharon bought a big ole Roll top desk last weekend. Not a great piece of woodworking, but it looks ok, and getting it off craigslist she got a good deal.

I did notice there were a few areas in it that were hollow that could be used as 'secrete storage' Unfortunately one of the biggest is un-accessible without dismantling the thing entirely.

Then today I saw this video and there are some cool ideas here..

http://www.instructables.com/community/Secret-stashes/

The one I like is where you use a rare earth magnet to pull a center section of plywood out of the plywood to reveal secret compartments.

Just thought it was cool...

The house we add a second floor on to last year. The owners brother specialized in secret rooms and passages.

Maybe that is what happened to my Stash... I convert extra moneys from project sales and such into $100 Bills and keep them in an envelope in the back of the drawer beside the computer. Well a couple weeks ago I acquired another Bill and went to add it to the Stash. But , Alas, no envelope, can't remember where I put it. :dunno: Contained 25 of those handy bills. :( I vagely remember thinking that was not a good place to put so much money, but where is my "Better Idea"? Did a band of Rogue Gypsies sneak in and rob my stash?

After I'm gone my kids can search for PaPaw's Treasure Trove...

Bill thats a funny story, reminds me of a time when i bought some SA type real jerky (we call it Biltong) locally made here in Canada. Loml and i decided we were keeping it to take on holiday camping with us to eat around the fire at night. So we decided to hide it away. Then forgot all about it and where we had put it. One day she is cleaning out a cupboard that holds crockery that she hardly uses and finds the Jerky. It would have been fine if we had stopped to think and put it in a paper bag, but in plastic it was a blob of mould.:rofl: I be happy when we dont have to hide things from our boys anymore.:D

In the early 80s, my FIL's home (and my apt ) where I rented the downstairs apt with my wife, was robbed when we were all out.
The only thing the criminals didnt find was the 400 dollars we had laying in plain site on the dresser, along with a load of other crap, since we were taking a family vacation a few days later and that was our spending money.
Every drawer was turned out and thrown on the floor, the money was just laying on the dresser under a roll of scotch tape, and was not taken. WE were amazed, but got hurt enough.