Random Acts of Kindness

Folks, it has been a trying summer for my wife and I. She has been on crutches now for three weeks today due to a soft tissue crush injury on her left foot. We get home today from being with my Mom and Dad as Mom requested we pal around with them today as Dad goes in for surgery prep and surgery tomorrow so I am designated, mind keeper off of surgery duty! Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled programming or shall I say, the point of this thread. In the mailbox today I get a box from Darren Wright. Unsolicited. Completely out of the blue. So generous I am speechless(and that my family is not often!). You have to go back a few threads to this one
http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18556&highlight=gun+grips

You will notice I mentioned having the same type of gun. Darren sent me a photocopy of the grips, I even have them in a folder in my portable file box in my woodshop. But today, what a guy! Here, let me show you what it is I am talking of.

This is a Pheonix 22lr semi auto handgun. $100 gun. Black plastic grips. Not a common gun, but has proven reliable and earned a spot in my shop as a go to gun in time of need which means it was stashed and readily available. Remember, I am the guy with no windows in his shop, not paranoid, but don't like suprises and prefer my spaces to stay mine.
Pheonix BE.JPG

Well look what Darren sent me!!!:eek::eek::D:D:D:thumb::thumb: Is this a change or what?! What a makeover!!! Fit like a glove!!! Amazing transformation of a gun! Notice, the safety, clip release, all fit, machined on the inside for space, folks, people pay mucho dollars for handmade, wood gun grips and here a person sent these to me with a note that had two, read it, TWO WORDS. ENJOY! DARREN.
Pheonix WE.JPG

Other side. Again, fit like a glove!!! Completely new appreciation for this gun! I PM'ed Darren and told him he made that $100 gun into a $500 trophy!!! In fact I thanked Darren for this transformation because this shop gun is now to beautiful to leave in the shop so I have to go buy another gun for a reliable go to piece! (thanks Darren!!):rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb:
Pheonix EW1.JPG

Enjoy?????? That gun is sitting on my dining room table as the centerpiece, Tess and Eric are coming over tomorrow, Fina and Josh will be home for Friday dinner, they all get to drool over this set of grips, just not on them!

What a family I stepped into here. How in the world can I thank you Darren? Thank you so much. I sincerely hope you are reading the deep appreciation I have for your talent and generosity to just send these to me. I am going to take them off tomorrow to write with a permanent magic marker your name, the date so all will know the situation about these grips.

Thank you Darren Wright from the bottom of my heart.

Well Done Darren.:thumb: Thats the family spirit hey an it aint even Xmas here but i always heard of this Xmas in July concept.:D

Jonathan you right about too good for your shop. You got pimped and upgraded in one swoop. What an upgrade for that gun. One can see it in the pictures. Great workmanship and the wood looks tremendous.

If i see correctly it looks like lacewood ??????? right or wrong?

The contrast with the guns metal finish is perfect.:thumb: Nice to see you enjoy a suprise like that. Its a 4th July pressy just early.

that is super generous and kind. Custom wooden grips are expensive and for an unpopular model, probably double the price.But this really isnt about the money. Its about the generosity and ofcourse the craftmanship.
Nice stuff.
Btw, go to for what? Human intruders or racoons?

That's one heck of an upgrade. :thumb: My hat's off to Darren on the workmanship and the gesture. :clap: Hopefully this will ease some of the trials and tribulation you're in the midst of, Jon. ;) I hope things smooth out for you and the rest of your family soon.

ATTAH boy darren!!! well done. and jonathan looks like your family is growing and louanne is gonna have to have more apples this year for the pies she needs to bake:)

Well, thanks all...As I told Jonathan, I've had more free time to do those kind of projects since I don't have a house to maintain right now. I also know he's been having a busy year and thought it would brighten his day. :wave:

Wow, great!

I'd like to know how you go about secretly getting someone's address in order to send them something?

Would Family members like there to be a database of addresses available to those who want to do these random acts?

Cynthia (who's is getting ready to move and teetering on the brink of insanity)