Jet 16-32: fixed

Well I went to use this this morning. No go. Drum started to turn and rolled to a stop. Feed belt still works. Looked all over and no reset for motor. Unplugged the drum motor from smart feed box and used separate power. Drum spins nicely. So something wrong in smart box. Ideas?

Will call Woodcraft soon as open at 9:00. Computer shows they have another in stock. Hate to make that 2 1/2 hr round trip, again.

Last edited:
What kind of motor? If it is a TEFC (I learned that here ;) ), often just taking the cover off the end with the fan and doing some cleaning will put things right again. There is a centrifugal switch thingy in there that can be fussy with sawdust in it.

My little bro to that has a red reset button right under the main power switch. But it usually resets automatically...

I'm assuming you've used it a little bit already?

That just isn't right Steve. I had that when I bought my bench top planer. It let all the smoke out of the motor in the first 5 minutes.

Was sure glad I tried it right away.....I have a bad habit of buying tools and then not using them for several months.

This is the first time I tried to use it. 4 days since I bought it. Called woodcraft and got great help and service. They gave me the number to Jet Tech. Again great help and service. New part will be here Tuesday, earliest due to holiday. The sand smart, smart card is out. He told me to use the motor on one plug and belt on another. Won't hurt it, just wont be able to automatic adjust belt feed.

All in all, good outcome, sad that it happened 4 days from getting it.

Could be worse Steve, could have bought it at a sale then what would you have done???:eek::dunno: Great to hear JET stepped up, knows the product, shipping to you quickly and offered a solution to keep you working! :thumb::thumb: That's what happens when you buy quality!

Well I used it a little yesterday. I see why the auto feed is necessary. I smoked 2 belts early in the game. Just trying to go to fast and not knowing what I was doing. About have all the heart pine cleaned up, so it's was a good day. Need to look at buying bulk paper.

Yeah, they don't process wood very fast, that's for sure. At least my little one doesn't. But once you get the feed rate nailed, it works pretty good.

and to add to brents thoughts the grit is a determing factor as well.. if your using it for rough flatytening then go to a coarse grit like 60 or 80 then when your close to clean you can go up in grits to say 120.. but they are not finish sanders,, that part is still gonna be your job..:D:thumb:

and to add to brents thoughts the grit is a determing factor as well.. if your using it for rough flatytening then go to a coarse grit like 60 or 80 then when your close to clean you can go up in grits to say 120.. but they are not finish sanders,, that part is still gonna be your job..:D:thumb:

And to add to Larry's thought, DO expect to find a lot of fine scratches parallel to the direction of travel...