My drill press restoration

Excellent work, love the design of the casting, from the error when everything tried to look like it was from "Buck Rogers". There was a particular designer who did everything from trains to toasters, but I can't remember his name, possibly from Milwaukee, when I went through the museum, but it looks like one of his designs. Very cool. And on the other note, I was a Redwing fan (still am), but now Birkenstock makes a boot, have had them for two years... the best, especially once the cork conforms to your feet.

FINISHED!!

Waiting to be put in service!

Photographed next to it's younger sister. Makes a really good before and after. The unrestored one is usable and has been used for a while now as you can tell by the saw dust on it. This one was not usable. Sister will be ordered to stand down shortly and head across the shop for a refit and repair.

after1.jpg after2.jpg after-base.jpg

Jeff
AKA Rusty

Jeff - how did you paint your motor? Did you take it apart or mask up all those holes? I've never taken one apart before so am curious. Mine looks pretty dirty inside. Is that something I should clean up?

I started taking it apart but I had some problems getting it completely apart. So I took an air house and blew out all the dust I could. Then I tapped up the rest of it and left the vent holes open. I got some overspray in there but nothing that shows. Just have to go slow and light coats.

If I had been doing this for someone or trying to make it look perfect I would have taken it apart. But this is goign to be used and I hope heavyly! You may need to replace bearings in the motor, but yhey are not that hard to get apart. It just wasn't necesssary in my case so I skipped that part.

Jeff