Wood Hardener

Ever use it? I need to get some and then I will post what I am going to do with it. I am not able to find the liquid like water liquid but a 2 part which is thick and thins out with acetone. I am thinking that a diluted mixture of 30% ace to 70% hardener will work.

Last edited:
Rob your funny, there are many things I do not know. My son comes up with stuff every week that amazes me on repairs. I tough him well. He taken what I tough him to a higher level.
If I can in here with everytime I have a question I would never get any work done. Mostly I work through them and figure um out.

There was a product at Lowes that I got, Elmers, I think. Brushed on a "Stabilizer" then when it dried you troweled on a filler and allowed to harden and shape similar to "Bondo" Sanded and painted and a compitant repair of rotten porch columns. Bunch of years ago and still a good repair.

If the item in question is not too large, I can stabilize it. You can PM me with your 'secret' and I'll let you know if I can do it. If I can, I'll do it free, just you pay shipping.

Try System Three Rotfix. It's a water-thin epoxy without any solvent, so it soaks in and all of it hardens to strengthen the wood. Check their website, or Woodcraft and Rockler both carry it. It works well.