Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retired One Year

Retired One Year

Well, I have been offically retired for a year now (July 1). I have got to say I am enjoying it. The wife and I just did a 2 week trip which included the Blue Ridge Parkway. Met a turner at one of the craft and art stores that are along the way. We had a great time traveling.

I don't understand those that are retired and say they are bored and thinking about going back to work! I do not have time to do what I want and need to do.

I am glad that you enjoyed your travels... the BlueRidge Parkway is a beautiful place to drive...
    paul
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

good for you wayne,, just gettun away from that one son of yours is a great event in itself
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Great news Wayne. Looking forward to it myself.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I aspire to say that Wayne, some year maybe Congrats and ENJOY for many, many years to come that blue ridge parkway is awesome July 1 is my 36th anniversary at my job (yep same place) with only 11 more to go

I'm just 33 days into my retirement and haven't traveled yet. It seems that I really don't have time for that. Just keeping up with things around home and finishing a few obligations at school (not required, but things I feel I should do) are keeping me busy. I'm really looking forward to late Sept and Oct to do things we have always wanted to do in cooler weather. I'm glad you gents are enjoying your retirement. You are right, I can't imagine being bored.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post
    I'm just 33 days into my retirement and haven't traveled yet. It seems that I really don't have time for that. Just keeping up with things around home and finishing a few obligations at school (not required, but things I feel I should do) are keeping me busy. I'm really looking forward to late Sept and Oct to do things we have always wanted to do in cooler weather. I'm glad you gents are enjoying your retirement. You are right, I can't imagine being bored.
    Congrats, I got my first SS check 2 weeks ago..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Congrats, I got my first SS check 2 weeks ago..
    Congrats on the SS check! I don't have one yet. I did get my first pension check today!
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Wayne,
    Great to hear you're enjoying retirement.... Come September, I'll be into year 5... I don't have time to work... love every minute of my retirement. Haven't done much travel yet, not a lot of funds for that, but we do get out on short trips... we haven't been over on the BRP yet, but we were over in Blue Ridge a couple of weeks back at one of their craft shows... checking it out for future... nice show, except for the on and off rain showers...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

year six for me, and loving it! We take a couple trips a year, and spend the rest of our time just kicking back, working on hobbies, enjoying friends, taking day trips, etc. Never bored, though, and most always happy.

I highly recommend this thing they call retirement.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!