Picture Frames for the 4th

glenn bradley

I finished one of these in time to take it up to Antioch where we visit friends around the 4th. I made them a shedua box with a bookmatched ash top one year. This is from the same batch of shedua. Sized for 8 x 10 photos.

4th 2010 pic frames front.jpg4th 2010 pic frames detail 1.jpg4th 2010 pic frames detail 2.jpg

Here's a couple I'll finish later that are for other folks; white oak and padouk. All have ebony plugs.

4th 2010 pic frames others.jpg

I used a template to do the lifts.

4th 2010 pic frames template.jpg

Very GBG&G (Glenn Bradley Greene and Greene) :thumb: :thumb:

Say hello to the delta for me... We used to live in Antioch. Never went out on the Delta for the 4th though...

Those look great, but I call shenanigans. :rolleyes: You claim to have made the padauk frame, yet your shop shows none of the characteristic orange dust that is inevitable when working padauk. :p

Very nice work, Liar Lips. :thumb: :rofl:

Had to vaccum up all the orange stuff before I started finishing ;-). I have learned to keep things like white oak to heck and gone away when sanding ebony or padouk. that dust will get into every nook and cranny.

I made a couple padauk boxes back when the only DC I had was a shop vac hooked to my tablesaw. Didn't do much good when I was cutting cove profiles in the sides of the boxes and spraying dust from here to Pacoima. And I had carpeted shop floors back then, as a bonus. I had orange dust everywhere for months after that. :p