tonight's images

Ned Bulken

had to rework a couple of images, fixing the wide angle look...

and I happened upon this view of a rail bridge in Elmira NY:

slightly different crop... in B&W ( I love being able to choose which I'm doing... )

and one more view... wider view... just for a touch of color:

Me too, but I also like the gritty street look of the 2nd view.

I agree on the gritty street look, but (to me) it begs to be centered instead of slightly off-center. Nothing about a second of cropping couldn't change. :) For some reason, the "centeredness" of the B&W shot stands out more than the others...perhaps because it's close, but not quite there, whereas the others are obviously angled more.

Love the old building, is it some kind of mill?

Must have been quite the landmark in it's day, I count at least 5 floors, maybe even six with the top little roof area, as I figure that building is fairly old, a 6 floor building would have been fairly rare.

Neat shots, keep them coming!:wave:

Nice Ned :thumb:
I really like B&W. I used to have yellow and red filters on my old Nikon FM that really added a dramatic look to B&W pictures.

Nowadays its adjust settings in photoshop. I miss the old days... a little.

Love the old building, is it some kind of mill?

Must have been quite the landmark in it's day, I count at least 5 floors, maybe even six with the top little roof area, as I figure that building is fairly old, a 6 floor building would have been fairly rare.

Neat shots, keep them coming!:wave:

Stu,
that was my read on it as well. It was right on a stream... I'm guessing there was a waterwheel on the stream at some point, and that it was probably a grist mill/general store kinda place or a cooperative for the town/village farmers.

I agree on the gritty street look, but (to me) it begs to be centered instead of slightly off-center. Nothing about a second of cropping couldn't change. :) For some reason, the "centeredness" of the B&W shot stands out more than the others...perhaps because it's close, but not quite there, whereas the others are obviously angled more.
as you say, simple crop... those all came from similar files... (almost said negatives... talk about old school!).