Giveaway for Turners...We Have a Winner!

Would you like to enter the Raffan Turning DVD Drawing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Whaddaya say we have another giveaway? :D We have another goodie that was donated to us during the recent Tour de Wood, and it's time to give it away. :thumb:

This one is of interest to turners or folks who want to learn about turning. (We call those people pre-abyssians.) Mohammad Madha has generously donated Richard Raffan's Turning Projects DVD to the cause.

Click the image below for a description of the DVD.

This donation is another great example of a Family member wanting to help out other Family members...something we've been seeing a fair amount of lately. And there's more on the way soon. ;)

As with our previous forum giveaways, here are the basic rules:

1. Our giveaways are "opt in" affairs. Only the members who enter the drawing by answering to that effect in the poll are eligible to win. The poll will be open for a week, and a numbered list will be made of the entrants. We'll use www.random.org to pick the winning number.

2. Family Woodworking Staff members are ineligible. Larry is just gonna have to buy his own dang Richard Raffan DVD. :rofl:

3. You must enter to win. If you accidentally voted "No Thanks" or change your mind, send me a PM and I'll get you moved to the right list. This is a new drawing...if you entered another drawing you will not be included in this one unless you enter it.

4. The drawing will be done using a computer-generated random number. That number will be matched to the corresponding entry number. In other words, if 100 people enter the drawing, the number generator will pick a number between 1 and 100.

5. The drawing will be done at 5:00 PM Pacific time (or somewhere after, give or take a few hours) on Friday, July 9. The winner will be notified via e-mail and PM, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If it remains unclaimed, it's back to the random number picker to find another name. Once the winner is confirmed, the prize will be sent to the address the winner specifies.

Once again, thank you Mohammad, and best of luck to all the entrants!

Doh! The original poll I posted was set up incorrectly, so it wasn't recording any names. :doh: I've deleted the old poll, and replaced it with a new one. There were two members who had entered the drawing, but I have no idea who they were. If you opted into this drawing, but don't see your name listed in the poll, please enter again.

My apologies. :eek:

well it was easier to not sign up this time.. its some spinny stuff and i dont do spinny:) so a no answer was already coming but seeing as how i didnt read instructions last time i got my lookers on and then i saw, vaughns reminder thanks sometimes us ole coggers need larger letters.:rofl::rofl:

well it was easier to not sign up this time.. its some spinny stuff and i dont do spinny:) so a no answer was already coming but seeing as how i didnt read instructions last time i got my lookers on and then i saw, vaughns reminder thanks sometimes us ole coggers need larger letters.:rofl::rofl:

Ooooops I pulled the trigger before i saw the instructions. Guess my name was Larry this time Vaughn.:rofl::rofl:

Can you remove me from the entry list please. I got too eager to learn. :DSorry for the inconvenience. I had my screen in small window mode and did not see the rest of the post.:(

Thanks

One of these days Larry we'll get you on a merry-go-round & when we get done spinning you you'll look like the cat on Americas funniest home videos that they spun around on the desk chair.When we stop your eyes & head will still be spinning then you'll be ready to be in the vortex.:rofl::rofl::rofl: You just know you really secretly in your warm little heart wanna do the spinny thing but are afraid you'll really get hooked & your right too.:eek::):D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh it's ok Larry we understand. I will put my name in for you as I know in your heart you do really really want to turn. It's ok no need to thank me. Just doing my part to help ya out. Keepin those nasty spinny DVD's away from ya.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh it's ok Larry we understand. I will put my name in for you as I know in your heart you do really really want to turn. It's ok no need to thank me. Just doing my part to help ya out. Keepin those nasty spinny DVD's away from ya.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

thanks fer the support guys i need it:) and besides i got the best part of this gig already, i had some excellent food from mohamad and his family..still think about those turnovers!!!!

We Have a Winner!

Alrighty sports fans, the poll is closed and we've got a winner. Here are the details...

The list of entrants, with Rob Keeble and Bruce Shiverdecker removed from the list at their requests:

1. Alan Trout
2. Bart Leetch
3. Bob Anderson
4. Bob Gibson
5. Chuck Ellis
6. Chuck Thoits
7. Dan Gonzales
8. Dan Mooney
9. Dan Noren
10. Dean Charlier
11. Dennis Kranz
12. Don Orr
13. Don Palese
14. Drew Watson
15. Frank Fusco
16. Garry Foster
17. Glen Franchuk
18. Jay Caughron
19. Jeb Taylor
20. Jim Burr
21. Joe Herrmann
22. Joe Schoppy
23. John Daugherty
24. Jonathan Shively
25. Ken Ward
26. Kevin Brown
27. Lee Laird
28. Michael Gray
29. Mike Cross
30. Mike Mills
31. Ned Bulken
32. Paul Gallian
33. Richard Leshner
34. Richard Steinberg
35. Ron Jones
36. Stephen Bellinger
37. Syd Lorandeau
38. Ted Tailor
39. Tom Baugues
40. Tony Baideme
41. Tony Pridmore
42. Woody Magnuson

And here's the winning number, courtesy Random.org:

Turning%20Projects%20DVD%20Winning%20Number%20800.jpg

As you have probably deduced by now, the lucky winner is Frank Fusco! :wave: :congrats: :wave:

I'll send Frank a PM and an e-mail message letting him know he's won. He'll have 48 hours to claim his prize, or it's back to the list and we'll pick another winner.

Thanks again Mohammad for the generous donation, and thanks to all the members who participated. :thumb:

I'll be announcing another great giveaway in the next week or two. We have several in the wings. ;)

Neato.
I claim.
And, many thanks to Mohammed for the donation.
And, most especially a big thanks to the random numbers generator. ;) :rofl:
I have already PMd Vaughn.
I'll watch a few times (and hopefully learn something :rolleyes: ) then donate to my woodturning club so others can benefit also.

Congrats Frank... Great use too.. That was my plan if I had won it (except my group is general woodworking, so it would have been to suck someone else into the vortex:D)