Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big surprise last night!

Big surprise last night!

Ripping a board - I used what I thought was all the safety and correct procedures for ripping a board --

Did you hear me yell last night? Confession today for the words I used out-loud and even more to myself -- Pain -- so much that I wanted to puke and pass-out at the same time... I even had to put my head between my legs to keep the floor from hitting my nose. assumed a broken arm but it was not..

KICK BACK err major kick back!!

The photo does not show the shoulder pain - must have moved my arm back far enough to hurt the shoulder joint..

I am leery to even turn the saw on now... but I need to use it -- my project is not done/// trying to build up my courage and massage my ego.
    Last edited by Paul Gallian; 12-19-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

Delton, Michigan
    you need to explain how you were doing what it was that caused this paul.. so the rest of us can relate better than just a kick back.. must hve been some plywood huh???a
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

GTA Ontario Canada
    Where i come from we used to say "Eina" with the E pronounced "A". That means very very sore. Sorry to hear of the accident Paul. But they say best medicine is to get back on the horse.

I agree with Larry tell the detail so people can learn and you can get advice on where things went wrong. Otherwise no one is the wiser.

Billings Missouri near Springfield Mo
    Man Paul you took one heck of a wack there buddy. Sorry to see that as I'm sure you a very gun shy now.
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Reno NV
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Kansas City, Missouri
    Ouch! Glad you're OK otherwise.

Did the board pinch the blade or something?

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Whittier, CA, USA
    Dang that's some bruising. Caught you hard. Take care and be thankful bruises heal and hopefully your spirit too
    Dan Gonzales
    Whittier, CA, USA
    Dona nobis pacem

RETIRED(!) in Austintown, Ohio
    Nasty! BTDT...

Using a splitter? - preferably one with pawls? I hardly ever make a thru cut without one any more. Same with my UNIGuard - I nearly always use it.

They work, and I feel much less apprehensive about using the saw with them on there. Note: Some apprehension is a good thing. It helps keep you mind on the task at hand.
    Jim D.

Glad it was only a bruise what you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Where i come from we used to say "Eina" with the E pronounced "A". That means very very sore.
    That's funny Rob, in my mother tongue "Eina" written in exactly the same way but being the E pronounced "E" means.... Tool
    Best regards,

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...