So Toni whats happening to the dog??

Rob Keeble

Hey Toni that Dog avatarDogDelivery.jpg delivery guy is very slow. Whats up with the dog??? We aint seen no arrivals or pictures yet. (hint hint hint) :rofl::rofl:

Sure he got to your place by now. Heck even a sled dog could have pulled itself across the artic in this time.:rofl::rofl: You waiting for winter so you can get a St Bernard with a rum keg round its neck.:rofl:

I'm sorry to say it but the dog isn't here YET, just today I've sent an e-mail to the lady who is in charge of making the whole thing come true.

It has taken a quite while to take the decision, with a lot of " what if..." and "will I be..." questions and reaching a point where I was completely blocked.

It has been the one of the most difficult decisions I've taken in my life, if not the most one.

We'll see what it happens, first the dog must be still in adoption (it is a shelter dog), if it is gone I should start looking for another one. Then some volunteers will drive it from somewhere in France to a town near the Spanish border, where I should go to get it.

And then when he'll be at home we'll have to get used to each other, it will be a learning process for both of us.

But as you demand pictures, here you have two, it is a two and a half year old pure breed giant schnauzer that it is in the shelter because his owners got divorced and no one wanted to keep the dog.

In these pictures he'd been just groomed by someone who thought was shearing sheep, so the poor guy looks odd, specially the eyebrows and beard.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8481/sdc10980v.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6712/sdc10985.jpg

I'll keep you posted guys.

Last edited:
Looks like a super dog, Toni, but your right about the shearing. That eyebrow and beard job is an abomination. I'm betting, though, that his coat got tangled and matted fro lack of grooming attention, and they had to cut him like that to get all the mats out.

Looks odd with a full tail. They usually dock them over here. Usually, the ears are cropped, too, but there's a great movement towards getting that banned here like it is over there, and even North of us, in Canada. There's really no reason for cropping the ears, other than some folks idea of aesthetics.

With a bit more food, and some grooming, he ought to be a great looking animal, and he'll be you devoted friend for life. I hope you get him!

No matter what breed, pure or rescue, they are they get US trained very quickly. Who goes to get the ball if they get distracted by a bird or another dog - so who's got who trained because the ball won't be left there.

he will do just fine toni,, i can already see a resemblance:rofl: they claim we look like our pets or vice versa after time,, i know jim resembles his snozzer, hair color and attitude:) now me, well webster is gettin gray and is a shaggy critter to..we both like to travel as well:)

He looks like a great dog, Toni. I hope he is still available. :thumb: I'm pretty sure you're going to make a great dog owner. ;)

That is an awesome looking dog. I'm glad to see it with intact tail and ears. To me it makes the dog look much more handsome. There is nothing like hearing the thump, thump, thump of a happy dog's tail on the floor.

Good luck Toni.