Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PBS Woodsmith shows

PBS Woodsmith shows

If you miss the Woodsmith shows on PBS sorta the replacement to Norm I guess could be wrong though, you can catch them on the web in podcast form here.

http://www.woodworkingonline.com/200...hing-supplies/

I was watching the finishing one other night quite interesting for beginners I like the way the guys does the presenting and explaning. Sorta relaxed and less formal more natural.
    cheers

Thanks for the link Rob.

Caught one last night. Not bad, they present project steps in clear understandable manner. Think I'll set my DVD to record so I don't miss.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

I have seen several of their shows, I'm sorry, but, I find them to be boring at best. Sort of like reading their magazine. I prefer to see creative project rather than joinery. But that is My Personal Opinion, I was looking forward to their show when the Promos started.... but was so let down when I watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simpson View Post
    I have seen several of their shows, I'm sorry, but, I find them to be boring at best. Sort of like reading their magazine. I prefer to see creative project rather than joinery. But that is My Personal Opinion, I was looking forward to their show when the Promos started.... but was so let down when I watched it.
    I only watched the one about making cutting boards. Did pick up a couple tips about the glueing process. Did not agree with suggestion to clean after glueing with a scraper. I think it is aimed at the beginner rather than the accomplished flat worker.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

If you have iTunes you can subscribe to Woodworking Online Podcast and download all of the 44 videos that they have out and watch them at your leisure. I have picked up some nice little tidbit from each show.
    Bob Anderson

The Woodsmith Shop shows on PBS and the video podcasts from Woodworking Online aren't the same. Both are Woodsmith but the Woodsmith Shop shows are made directly for tv. Whereas the Woodworking Online videos are taped at the weekly store seminars usually held during the winter months.

I find the Woodsmith Shop shows a little amateurish but still interesting enough to watch. The Woodworking Online taped seminars are very informative and cover a wide variety of subjects. You can download these videos from the woodworkingonline.com website for later viewing on your pc.

Jim

Rob, I have my DVR set to tape this show, but don't generally watch it from beginning to end on the edge of my seat. It is slow at times, yet from the other perspective, I have rarely watched it without learning something. I am still waiting on Vaughn to produce a FWW shop visit program with our ambassador/host Larry.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Finally saw one to the Woodsmith shows - DVR'ed it, since it was on at 4:00 a.m. - and all I can say is it sure was boring.

Not quite exciting as watching grass grow. Slightly less entertaining than watching paint dry.

The various presenters lacked any sort of animation or enthusiasm.

Guess I won't bother recording any more episodes...
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Jim i know i created this post but i realized after it was the podcasts i was refering to. However they too can be watched while you read the paper

In my area the pbs station i get does not even have the show on.

I miss Norm. Why they mess with something that is working i will never know. They could have found a new norm, even had a contest to do so and put a new younger norm on.

There is pretty much nothing i really want to watch on TV anymore.
    cheers