Xmas in July from a Family Member

Rob Keeble

Well this is sorta a stealth gloat, and another example of our family generosity here.

You gotta read the full story to catch the funny in this. Its at my expense but what the heck i am here with friends right?:D

So i get a pm a while back from the one and only Mr. Ambassador from Mi asking if i have found the "Lost Canadian" coming my way.

Well I said to the wife you better get ready for a visitor. Someone is coming up from the States and we in for a surprize visit and stop over.

Ok so time goes by and nothing happens. I pm Larry for more info and he pms back "dunno" as more info.

Well more time goes by and today a parcel arrives. Well i saw where it originated MI and who it was from so quickly opened it and saw a plane.

Was in the middle of doing something with the youngster who has been harrassing me since being off school and did not have time to take a good look in the box.

Ok so drop a quick PM to Larry thanking him for he fantastic gift and making me have to build a plane storage facility in my shop just like his and Jims...:rofl:.....and get on with the task with my youngest son Vaughn.

Well I get back a pm from Larry asking if i eventually found the lost Canadian. So i pm him back and say Nah I dont know what happened but no one showed up here.

So i go back to fully opening the box the plane arrived in take it out set it down to photograph it for proof:D and then i am about to toss the box out and i feel something else in it. There you have Larrys letter carrier. Now most guys use an envelope:D not Larry its wood and a nice note and Chunk of Cherry (i think) make a good spinny project Larry:rolleyes::D . So i read the note and then i look at the plane in more detail.

Its a No5 Stanley made in Canada. This is the lost Canadian and its mades its way home. :):thumb:

Gotta say Larry you one heck of a guy.:thumb: Thanks a ton. I just had my Xmas in July and all on Canada Day weekend. Dont get much better than that.

Now i need some help, Larry tried finding a missing screw for this plane but had no luck can any one direct me as to where i might find one or can someone that has a similar plane take a pic and dimensions so i can get my buddy with the metal lathe to turn me one. I can also measure the shank but its the thread size and diameter i dont know.

Larry i will tune it up and add it to the collection but its gonna be a user cause i aint got a number 5 :D:thumb::thumb: Thanks my friend will cherish it with the other ones forever.

Here is the proof

The plane No.5 Stanley Canadian made Plane.JPG bottom view No. 5 Side View.JPG and the missing screw i need help with Help needed to source a handle screw.JPG

Michigan Envelope:D Cherry letter carrier.JPGNice piece of Cherry.JPG

Rob,
For the missing screw, try a 6mm X 0.75. It ought to work.

Otherwise, I might have one in the spare parts collection. Lemmee look.

well see its like this,, i was lookun for a side plate for a stanley 140 skew plane and one turned up from a guy in spain so i just continued the voyage of a couple other planes to get some or flat folk on our team:) and when you find a lost canadain you just got to head them in the right direction:) and you never not listen to your best freind.. webster told me that his bud. big red had a master lookun for a plane:) so we helped him out and webster thanked me.. many wags of his tail and as always unconditional love.. what more can one ask for..