Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road trip

Road trip

Went on a bit of a road trip today. We stumbled on to this guys shop. http://www.benandrewsfurniture.com/p...0&%20desks.htm
    He had a bowl there that this guy did. http://www.deveaugallery.com/gallery.html
    Some really cool stuff. And if were lucky KaLea will post the pics she shot of Ben's gallery.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

tad dah.... there's a few extras from the day thrown in just for fun and because I love my new camera
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tn_DSC01021.JPG   tn_DSC01022.JPG   tn_DSC01031.JPG   tn_DSC00972.JPG   tn_DSC01012.JPG  

tn_DSC01016.JPG   tn_DSC01033.JPG   tn_DSC01044.JPG   tn_DSC00943.JPG   tn_DSC00924.JPG  

Dragon's Paradox - ** working on updates ** Custom and One Of A Kind Heirloom Quality Hand Crafted Jewelry & Gifts

I love the furniture on his website - he does beautiful work. Kalea - I got a crick in my neck having to cock my head to see your photos---they are good, but. Where are the outdoor pictures--the river in the gorge and the waterfall?
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Hi,

The photo of the canyon must have been taken in Heaven.

Some day I am gonna be able to turn a bowl like in number six. Of course, if Glenn is going to keep galavantin around, I may spend the rest of my life fixin' the shop instead of learning woodturning.

Thanks for the photos and Enjoy,

Jim
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

The spalted table top is amazing.
    How is that patchwork bowl made
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    The spalted table top is amazing.
    How is that patchwork bowl made
    my question as well bob,, i think it must be epoxy and a form but dont know nice pics kalea,, and i was hoping to hear that you folks were headed my direction ,,iwas already to go to the shop and start cleaning and get the quest room ready but nope yu went another direction

so what is this new camra? and does chuck get the old one now so he can take pics more on his own?
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Very nice works. That sure is an interesting bowl and out of recycled materials too. So where was this road trip as the country looks stunning. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Drew Watson; 07-04-2010 at 12:42 PM.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Nancy... I like my pictures to have a slightly different view.... I'm a little out of the box that way. All of the pictures were taken at Quechee Gorge in White River Junction VT.
    The store with the wood is at a little touristy county crafts mall thingy right by the gorge.
    Larry, we will get out there eventually... this year I'm headed to Pennsic with the kids. Going to stop at Valley Forge and Gettysburg along the way. Should prove to be an interesting experience in *many* different ways. Don't worry, there'll be lots of pics... what with the new camera and all
    Which by the way is a Sony DSC-HX1. it's pretty awesome.... has this amazing panoramic picture feature that just plain rocks. Makes taking panoramic pics just about as easy as easy as snapping a picture of a rock.
    It's more likely that Bob will end up with my old camera since Chucky already has one of his own (and has since last winter)
    Dragon's Paradox - ** working on updates ** Custom and One Of A Kind Heirloom Quality Hand Crafted Jewelry & Gifts

thanks kalea,, and so chuck is just slackun in the picture department ,,its not because he doesnt have a good camera well i should stil be here when yu get this direction,,unless i am to old to meber
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

What a great adventure. Thanks for the links and all the pics. Fun stuff.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke