Value and Weight of wood question

First of all, thank you to all that answered, commented and offered to buy NOT haul this for me!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: (Larry did offer so am not putting him in the above sentence! :thumb::thumb:)
598 miles one way Chuck.
Good points on the cost also Chuck!
Allen, I hope your feelings weren't hurt, didn't understand your edit. Think the guys were poking fun with you, not at you. I did appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Frank, I didn't state how close this uncle is, I am not an easy person to be around, pretty abrasive personality, no game playing political nonsense type of person. Hence my hermit persona. Or maybe it is my bathing ritual of once a month wether I need it or not!! :eek::eek::eek::doh::doh::doh::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I don't know what will happen to my stuff. Do know that each time Lou Ann and I go to Mom and Dad's here lately, he has a bunch of tools and stuff to give me, "here take this home, I'm not going to use it again and if I do, I know where to go!!!" He came through with flying colors on his surgery by the way!!
Jim, would have to bring Larry back. Randi seems kind of attached to him! ;)
Rob, checked my pms. Sorry for not replying sooner, plan on doing that as soon as I finish this post! :thumb:
Well, I still haven't taken/found the time to call him. One part of me is chicken I guess. You all have hit on my concerns, thoughts, questions and such. You have provided fodder for the mill so to speak.
I have thought of taking Larry with me and going to Unc's house via my Mom and Dad when they go back to Florida this fall. Got to get them to go back to Florida later in the year as it is usually during deer season! :eek::eek::(:(
Anyway, my plan if this goes through is to rent a UHaul from there, have 4 days, and 790 miles on the regular price of $540.00 something on the rental fee. Thus the wood is covered, truck is plated and legal and my truck gets to stay home! :D:thumb:

Jonathan there are other options to consider re the hauling. Why not ask around as to truckers that might be pulling an empty load back from a one way delivery. I know its rare but you never know. Check out people like moving companies. Not that easy for those guys doing the long haul to get another load to bring back to the same location. So you might get lucky.

Its not as if the wood is fragile like say a perishable load or glass etc.

Just call a few moving oufits in your area. You need to look for the big organizations though. Dunno might not be possible but worth a telephone call or two.

Best of luck what ever goes down. You know you gotta let us see this wood when it gets to your place Eh!

Rob, I have a buddy I went to school with that does drive truck and does come through that area, close enough he would stop for me. Roads are not conducive for a semi, no way to turn around, etc. So that was out the door early. Never thought about contacting like Mayflower movers. :huh::dunno:
I thought in the event it had some bark on it, would be best with it under wraps. :eek: And it has been air drying in a barn for years, don't want to lose that loss of moisture.