Thread: Loss of a friend

Kansas City, Missouri

Loss of a friend

Yesterday I found out that an old co-worker had passed a couple of weeks ago. Now I say old co-worker, but Chris was several years younger than I, just a few years older than my son actually. He and I had spent a couple of years working on a project together and spent a good deal of time mentoring him. Overall, its like I've lost an old army buddy. Someone you know you could go to for help or a laugh, someone that you know that has your back, someone that that each of you know could throw one another other under the bus when it was in good humor. Typically he and I chat a couple of times a week on-line still, but he hadn't been on, just thought he was on vacation or busy.

I didn't know his family and still don't know what happened to cause his passing. None the less, good bye friend, you'll be missed, but not forgotten...

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    I'm Sorry for your loss... you hate to see your friends pass on... especially the young ones.
    He'll live on as long as he is remembered...
    Tellico Plains, TN
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Delton, Michigan
    sorry darren, remember the good times its all we have that cant be taken away.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Indianapolis area
    Sorry to hear this Darren. It hurts to lose a good friend.
    Last edited by Ron Jones; 07-06-2010 at 10:05 PM.

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Tokyo Japan
    Sorry for you loss Darren, I know how that feels, like a bolt of lightning out of a clear blue sky.

Godspeed Chris.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Oliver Springs, TN
    Sorry for your loss Darren.
    When my brother passed I had to tell his best friend. I think it devastated him more than me.

GTA Ontario Canada
    Both sorry to hear this Darren and sad for your loss. I have experienced the exact same thing uder tragic events and still miss the guy. But life goes on and you gotta remember the good times and enjoy the future. We aint got no control over these events but it dont make them easier to handle.

Reno NV
    So sorry Darren. It's never easy. It's especially unexpected and difficult when it happens to someone so young...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash