Little fence work, spider

work with the farmer my buddy on some summer projects. I helped put the post in earlier this year and over the weekend we ran the rails down in Va. I droped my end of a rail when this big girl popped out of a knot, After that Sunday headed to Western Md for trout fishing......All 3 of us got our limit and I got all the fish. Trout cakes are Tasty. Saturday doing the fencing I tweaked my left knee and today I realized it was not just a tweak but worse. I've had it shot twice this year with cortisone so before hunting season starts I will get surgery #8 on my knees. It seems every other year I spend part of the summer recuperating from shoulder or knee surgery. It's the chits getting old, when you like to play hard.

Attachments

• IMAGE_020.jpg
    IMAGE_020.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMAGE_011.jpg
    IMAGE_011.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMAGE_010.jpg
    IMAGE_010.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMAGE_012.jpg
    IMAGE_012.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAGE_009.jpg
    IMAGE_009.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 46
That's some beautiful fence. Did you split those rails or buy them already split? I'd love to have that around my yard, although I guess it would look kinda funny in a subdivision :)

Ted I was thinking of putting one around my yard. rails are $8 each.

Spider is a Wolf Spider and has one heck of a bit, but not deadly.

Trout cakes: Bake the trout, pull the meat off and work at getting bones out.6 trout; 1 egg, couple table spoons of Maonase, half that of Brown Mustard. Warcheser souce to taste. plus garlic, onions I like cellery also and some Paparica. Add all together and you will see bones while mixing , keep a paper towel next to you to get the bones off your fingers that you pick out.

I use a little more maonase so that when I mold the cakes and put them on the bread crumbs plate the maonase holds the bread crumbs. You can also wip up 2 eggs put the cakes in the eggs and then the bread crumbs.

Fry up in a skilet with olive oil to a golden brown.

Bake the trout, pull the meat off and work at getting bones out....

Add all together and you will see bones while mixing , keep a paper towel next to you to get the bones off your fingers that you pick out.

My wife Sharon has some neat trick about getting the bones out of a trout. Hard to describe, but basically cook the trout, make a little slit on on side of the tail end, lift the tail and voila, all the bones come out of that side. Flip the trout over and repeat and you have two perfectly boneless pieces of cooked trout....

Regular Abe with that split rail fence... Here in KY the wire is not used, won't it limit the life of the fence? (Don't know Smidt about fence life but I thunk it might be the weak link) This commom where you be?

As for trout, I love to catch them but not yet developed a taste for them. Have caught a bunch of then, have tried everything from Grilled to fried and one or two bites and I have had enought... Crappie and Bass and Bluegil doesn't do this to me. Trout does, so I usually give them away. .

That fence is really cool. I've never seen one like it before.:thumb::thumb:
If I saw that spider I would shoot it. Over and over again. :eek: I hate spiders.

Never had a trout cake before but If you want the best crab cakes in the world, go to G&M restaurant in Linthicum Heights Maryland.