Friday's here

Got 2 runs to the dump planned for tomorrow, working on the ole pathfinder, maybe de-molding the concrete countertop, and cleaning up the shop...

MRI results showed a herniated disk and something called stenosis :dunno: Dr gave me a steroid regiment, physical therapy and next week some injections of stuff called synvisk. So taking it kind of light this weekend. When the back and leg arn't hurting too bad I'll be in the shop working on the desk.

losing more friends.had to back out of helping someone convert a small space to built in shelves, just dont have the energy, so I know Im going to get the cold shoulder. price I have to pay for owning a few tools

Last edited:
Making door and window trim for the kitchen. Booorrrriiinnngggg.

Bob, take care of that back. I finally had surgery a year ago last April for bad disc and pinched nerve. About 6 weeks to recover but still occasionally get a little twinge. Good luck:thumb:

working tonight, tomorrow, sunday, and monday.:D:thumb: (feels good to say that again)

remember brent, a sign of real frugalness is when you come back from the dump with more than you brought....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tonight I'm loading up some .223's with a new recipe, then heading to the range tomorrow to try them out. Hoping to start on a new set of grips, but need to change the idler arm on the tahoe and replace the oil cooling lines too.

More yard work, a visit from my daughter complete with BBQ and some design effort on a large mirror frame. the mirror is about 38" x 34", beveled and heavy. I'll have to look into the structural requirements for this beast.

I will be painting our dining room...will probably take a few coats as we are going from a deep dark blue to a light putty color. Hopefully some lathe time as well, maybe between coats. I have some cherry that is screaming to be turned into a salad bowl.

I think LOML has the weekend planned. I will take time out to watch NASCAR tomorrow night and 2 World Cup games. Shop time only if LOML says it's too hot to do whatever she needs done.

If it will dry out enough, I need to burn the leafy parts of the Bradford Pear that came down 4 weeks ago. Lots of rain here right now, so may be too wet. I only have soooo much kerosene at the house. :wave:
Need to see the Rockler email when I get home, supposed to have a special sidewalk type sale this weekend. Hopefully they will have a Masterplate on a great price. Need to work on getting the saw dialed in. Can't get the blade parallel to the miter slot per the dial indicator and Align-it Jr. that I got. May have to tewak the trunnions, may have to ream out the holes in the cab top to get more movement. I can get to about .0042, then nothing more. Got the new straight edge from Lee Valley in Wed, and the 2 new blades from Infinity should be there today.
Other than that, spend some quality time with the LOML. Jim.

do you do all your own loads for all your handguns also?

I haven't started for my handguns yet, but been saving the casings though. For my 9mm I'd only save about $50 over 1000 rounds, but have a significant savings in doing the rifle rounds. Been paying about $.50 per round, can reload them for about $.11 cents each. Enough savings to pay for the reloading equipment in about 1000 rounds.

It's not all about the savings though. Been experimenting with different bullet weights and loads. It's amazing the little differences the accuracy little changes make.

I was going to try and do my part to stimulate the economy and buy a new rifle today...looking for a .223 bolt action, but the local gun shop didn't have what I was looking for. I did buy a 100 rounds of 9mm ammo for my handgun just cause it was a decent deal on them.

Then I went bluegill fishing in the early afternoon, caught about 30 but released em all.....came home mowed grass.

Saturday I have to stop buy a customers and get a draw for work performed, then my better half wants to watch a movie (Grownups).....probably spend some time in the pool.

Sunday.....nothing planned yet.