Ham hocks, Beans and Corn bread.

do you stuff the clams with hamhock ?

The Quahogs, pronounced Ko-hogs, are real large clams. Some about the size of a softball or even bigger. They have real tough meat. You cut up the meat real small and mix with peppers, onions, garlic, maybe some shopped scallops and Ritz cracker stuffing and bake in the oven. Yum.:D
Probably lots of recipes but this is how we make them.

OK, heres the dumb Yankee again. along with a corn dog, I have never had a ham hock.:( ( nor grits, red velvet cake, crayfish, fried okra, or possum ):rofl:

But then again I bet you've never had a stuffed Quahog :D:D

Howzabout chocklit gravy, chicken fried steak with lots of gravy, fried catfish, fried green tomatoes (they shoulda been throwed outa the Union just for thinking up that one.), greens, ....lots more?

Howzabout chocklit gravy, chicken fried steak with lots of gravy, fried catfish, fried green tomatoes (they shoulda been throwed outa the Union just for thinking up that one.), greens, ....lots more?

If it's green and good for you I don't eat it.
Choklit gravy sounds like it would be right up my alley.
Love chicken fried or gravy anything :D

Fried green tomatoes are something else that hasn't quite crossed the lips yet either.

Ham hock is OK, red velvet cake is great. The grits, crayfish, okra and possum can stay home. (I know them'll be fightin' words for some of these guys.) :rofl: The quahog might be good, but I make it a rule to not eat or drink anything that begins with the letter "Q". Quarter Pounder, quinine water, quince jelly? All no-go. And now, quahogs, too. :p

now i dont know about the quahog,, but the rest is fine eatun and vaughn if you have any hankerun for sweet then quince jelly is superb.. the real natural fruit will pucker the best of yu bit the jelly is great.. drop the possum though that is bad!!

OK, heres the dumb Yankee again. along with a corn dog, I have never had a ham hock.:( ( nor grits, red velvet cake, crayfish, fried okra, or possum ):rofl:

But then again I bet you've never had a stuffed Quahog :D:D

Bob,
Down in Texas and Louisana it's pronounced Crawfish.:D. when I was growing up, we only used crawfish as fishbait to catch big ol' catfish...
grits are essentially dried hominey ground to a coarse meal consistency... don't like grits my self.. my wife (she's from Illinois) loves them,
red velvet cake is okay... but given my choice, I'll take a piece of pecan (that's Pecawn) pie or a coconut creme pie..
my grand father loved possum.... I never have and never will touch anything that looks that much like an oversized rat.... my grandma always said they were greasy tasting and the longer you chewed, the bigger the piece got in you mouth to swallow...:rofl::rofl:

I have no idea what a Quahog is...