Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I've waited to ask for prayers on this, but the time is now....

Between Aledo and Fort Worth, TX

I've waited to ask for prayers on this, but the time is now....

We learned about 2 weeks ago that a mass was found in my wife's right breast from her mammogram. A biopsy shows that it is cancerous. It was caught early, as the size is reported to be under 1cm. Oncologist recommended a lumpectomy based on that information, but ordered a breast MRI that was done yesterday morning. Oncologist called about 7:45pm with bad news. MRI shows some pre cancerous places on the same breast. The good news is that the left breast is clear. So now the recommendation is to do a mastectomy. Of course, we are both a little scared. But we trust that God will empower us to fight this. The prognosis is very good, with chance of recurrence only between 3 and 5% for 10 years.
    Please keep Glenna and the team of doctors in your prayers as we find out this next week when this will be performed. I know my family here will lend any support that you can with prayers and good thoughts. That is all that I hope to happen. Thanks in advance! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    You got it Jim, yall are in my prayers.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Southeast Pa

Done Jim..
    And we will continue...

Kansas City, Missouri
    You got it Jim...We'll keep Glenna and yourself in our prayers.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Reno NV
    Done Deal Jim. Hoping everything works out for the best.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Glenna and the medical care givers will be added to my prayer list.

I pray for a full and complete recovery and that she will be restored to good health.

p gallian +
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

Escondido, CA

Prayers for healing and for peace from anxiety.

Tokyo Japan
    You both are in our prayers.

My wife Emiko went through a similar thing a few short years ago, it was very very hard, but support from our friends and family certainly helped ease the burden. Emiko was very lucky in that she only had to have the Lumpectomy and no Chemo, only radiation therapy, but the drugs that she was on for a very long time (only recently stopped) were bad news for the side effects, which she still has some lingering problems with, but I guess the other option was worse, so we certainly count our blessings.

Keep us posted Jim, and don't over do it yourself, you have to be in tip top shape to help Glenna deal with everything. When people you know and trust offer to help, take them up on it.

Stu & Emiko
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

new york city burbs
    good luck with all of sister in law went through all similar with double masectomy few years back. If your wife would like to talk to her about anything, I can foward you her number, My SIl is a beautiful sweet hard, funny, happy, shed be more than happy to answer anything to put anyones mind at ease. just pm me

Whittier, CA, USA
    Prayers and thoughts for your wife's recovery, peace and strength for all your family.
    Dan Gonzales
    Whittier, CA, USA
    Dona nobis pacem