I've waited to ask for prayers on this, but the time is now....

Jim O'Dell

We learned about 2 weeks ago that a mass was found in my wife's right breast from her mammogram. A biopsy shows that it is cancerous. It was caught early, as the size is reported to be under 1cm. Oncologist recommended a lumpectomy based on that information, but ordered a breast MRI that was done yesterday morning. Oncologist called about 7:45pm with bad news. MRI shows some pre cancerous places on the same breast. The good news is that the left breast is clear. So now the recommendation is to do a mastectomy. Of course, we are both a little scared. But we trust that God will empower us to fight this. The prognosis is very good, with chance of recurrence only between 3 and 5% for 10 years.
Please keep Glenna and the team of doctors in your prayers as we find out this next week when this will be performed. I know my family here will lend any support that you can with prayers and good thoughts. That is all that I hope to happen. Thanks in advance! Jim.

Jim,

Glenna and the medical care givers will be added to my prayer list.

I pray for a full and complete recovery and that she will be restored to good health.

p gallian +

You both are in our prayers.

My wife Emiko went through a similar thing a few short years ago, it was very very hard, but support from our friends and family certainly helped ease the burden. Emiko was very lucky in that she only had to have the Lumpectomy and no Chemo, only radiation therapy, but the drugs that she was on for a very long time (only recently stopped) were bad news for the side effects, which she still has some lingering problems with, but I guess the other option was worse, so we certainly count our blessings. :thumb:

Keep us posted Jim, and don't over do it yourself, you have to be in tip top shape to help Glenna deal with everything. When people you know and trust offer to help, take them up on it. :)

Cheers!

Stu & Emiko

good luck with all of it...my sister in law went through all similar with double masectomy few years back. If your wife would like to talk to her about anything, I can foward you her number, My SIl is a beautiful sweet woman.works hard, funny, happy, shed be more than happy to answer anything to put anyones mind at ease. just pm me

Dan. prayers are with you and Glenna.
It is a scary time. My wife went through the same thing. It was about a year of sleepless nights. She has thankfully been cancer free for the past 6 years. All will work out well.

Jim you wife is in my prayers.

We learned about 2 weeks ago that a mass was found in my wife's right breast from her mammogram. A biopsy shows that it is cancerous. It was caught early, as the size is reported to be under 1cm. Oncologist recommended a lumpectomy based on that information, but ordered a breast MRI that was done yesterday morning. Oncologist called about 7:45pm with bad news. MRI shows some pre cancerous places on the same breast. The good news is that the left breast is clear. So now the recommendation is to do a mastectomy. Of course, we are both a little scared. But we trust that God will empower us to fight this. The prognosis is very good, with chance of recurrence only between 3 and 5% for 10 years.
Please keep Glenna and the team of doctors in your prayers as we find out this next week when this will be performed. I know my family here will lend any support that you can with prayers and good thoughts. That is all that I hope to happen. Thanks in advance! Jim.

My sister and and my sister in law went through the same process about three years ago Jim. So I understand very well how you feel. Luckily breast cancer is the one that has the highest ratio of curation.

Prayers sent.

My wifes big worry was how I would feel after her partial mastectomy.
All I care about is what's on the inside of a person not what's on the outside. She is still the most beautiful in the world to me.
Everything will be OK Jim