Toni's dove bleached.

Don Baer

Staff member
As part of the commission I am doing I asked Toni to carve me a dove that I will put on the front of the lectern. He did a fantastic job. Rather then paint it white I wanted to bleach it so that the wood grain would show. I had a hard time finding the proper chemicals but low and behold woodcraft had them in stock. So now to present "Una Paloma Blanca."
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1622.JPG
    IMG_1622.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 172
Toni, that is just beyond beautiful. Great job.
Don, excellent idea on not painting that dove. Bleaching is right on as far as I am concerned. Now what a poly to protect it? will that darken it?

I can't even imagine what it takes to carve something like that. True Artistry, that's for sure. It's just so lifelike. I agree, Bleaching definitely seems like the way to go... :thumb: :thumb:

As part of the commission I am doing I asked Toni to carve me a dove that I will put on the front of the lectern. He did a fantastic job. Rather then paint it white I wanted to bleach it so that the wood grain would show. I had a hard time finding the proper chemicals but low and behold woodcraft had them in stock. So now to present "Una Paloma Blanca."
attachment.php

Beautifully Done