Chain Bowl

well dennis i dont know if yu have been welcomed or not but if not you are now:) and that is great looking segmented bowl i like the red bottom and the chain link sides.. i am not a turner and try to keep the flat folk flat:) but those that have got the spinny disease are still making some nice stuff. we have at least one guy here doing segmented work as well but he hasnt shown any of his stuff yet:)

Welcome aboard, Dennis. Always room here for another turner. :thumb:

You did a great job on the bowl. Not only does the segmenting work look great, but you turned a nice form out of it, too. All too often form seems to take a back seat to the segmenting work, but I can tell you were paying attention to the form on this one. Well done. :clap:

Welcome to the forum, and you have great timing! I am taking a segmented vessel class right now, and a staved vessel class next month. Today, I ran my rings through the drum sander and, as I type this, I have the rings on my lap, marking them for glue up tomorrow. It may take a while before I get to the beautiful work you displayed, but I’ll get there. Thank you for the video’s

Welcome to the family Dennis. Wow that bowl. I watched the videos and boy you got a ton of patience and precision. I think i will have to age a little longer to get to that level.:D Right now i am way to much of a bull in a China shop. Although Mythbusters proved that expression has no legs.:D

What a combination of precision flatwork and spinny eh Larry.:thumb: I saw three saws being used in the videos and only one lathe.:)