dowel pin maker

Frank Fusco

I'm looking for one of those devices you pound dowel rods through to make grooved dowel pins.
Tried searching but it didn't come up. I know one of the major suppliers sells them but the question is....who?

I know it doesn't directly answer your question, but any time I want fluted dowels, I just take a length of regular dowel and crimp it with a pair of slip-joint pliers.

YOnJzXXhGl3z1oRDwIZxV7NmaAxqxNQJM8RbHUK-HmIpfhfF2IhTZRy2P5fJqxwKVC_1lAwf_LdMFStKyN-9NfPOF9-83AIPiqsRaIzod0XmNKID6IxMAWqc8AiGNHFto3D5r6Ho1wA45qa1f1Ml8FTSmMHnMgiL1sA61SZ-vT-nLeGMYAGf5wxbBqU

I'm looking for one of those devices you pound dowel rods through to make grooved dowel pins.
Tried searching but it didn't come up. I know one of the major suppliers sells them but the question is....who?

Got any 1/4" steel plate and a drill bit? :thumb:

Here is another idea, not mine

QUICK DOWEL FLUTER

When I run out of the right size dowel pins or need only a few of a special size, I often cut them from a 36" length of dowel stock. But, before cutting, I always flute the stock first by dragging the teeth of a saw blade over it. The flutes created permit the passage of air and allow excess glue to escape.

- Michael Burton; Ogden, UtahQUICK DOWEL FLUTER