Quickie for Bart

Dave Richards

BartCabinet.jpg

Is this something like what you have in mind?

Attachments

• BartCab.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 7
Almost exactly accept I wasn't going to put the top on it because the top drawer will be right under the bench top. I know I would lose some width but what do you think of using the armoire style TV cabinet hardware that allows the doors to open & then slide back in just inside each end of the cabinet box?

I may move my battery powered drills & charging station down to 1 of these drawers & make a cabinet to put my hand planes & other hand tools up in where the charging station is now so they can be seen & are easier to get to & use.

The drill charging station hangs at the left end of the bench & I think I could make something to go in the bottom right hand drawer, or they could stay in that big top drawer.

I guess I just like the look of the old hand tools up where they can be seen & used.

Thanks for the thoughtfulness & effort you put in to help all of us Dave.

Attachments

• Drills.jpg
    Drills.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Bart, I think the armoire style doors would be fine. I don't know how much space they require but I think it would be easy enough to build the case for them. All you need is a second vertical side inside the case. the top could be easily removed and the top drawer made a bit deeper. You might consider making that one slide either direction so you could open it to either side of the bench.

In case you didn't see it, the SKP file for the drawing I did is in my first post. I thought you might as well have it to start from.

Oh, and you're more than welcome. Glad to do it.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave

It might be pretty hard to open the top drawer out the back side of the bench because there is a 50" 1940 Delta Unisaw setting there with storage cabinet under the extension.:eek: :wave: . But I think some full extension 100# 26" glides might be in order & I just happen to have 2 sets of them.