What I said...What he heard

A good friend of mine bought a GTO (goat) when he graduated from high school in 1965....still has it. Also married his high school sweetheart in 1965...still has her too. :thumb: Wife and car both still looking good....he's so so.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Got the craigslist search in my list of daily websites to check out... ;) :D

If you're going for an older tractor, consider an old Ford 8N. They're plentiful, relatively cheap, and parts are available and less expensive than Deere or MF parts. With its PTO and three-point hitch, the 8N can handle a lot of accessories.

Try to find one from the fifties/sixties - and preferable one that's had its electrics switched over to 12 volt. (saves some hassles, later)

So if I read this right Brent is getting a mini excavator. And Shannon is getting a 72 GTO congrats to both of you. Brent I would suggest a Kubota KX161-3S

Well, If Sharon wanted to, she could get her muscle car tomorrow.

As for me, I just want a beat up old tractor with a bucket and a blade to keep the brush down around here....

If you're going for an older tractor, consider an old Ford 8N. They're plentiful, relatively cheap, and parts are available and less expensive than Deere or MF parts. With its PTO and three-point hitch, the 8N can handle a lot of accessories.

Try to find one from the fifties/sixties - and preferable one that's had its electrics switched over to 12 volt. (saves some hassles, later)

Thanks Jim, I'll keep my eyes open for one!

muscle car

old tractor

Two of my favorite words.....

044_44-1-1.jpg

Sharon us guys usually stick together but in this case i have to say i agree with your long long list getting done first.:thumb::rofl:

P.s. Brent this is just softening up neccessary for you to get your way.:D

Just for the ignorant like me that lives on a 2x4 postage stamp and could only ride a kiddies model around my yard, but why specifically a tractor?

Why not a bobcat with the attachments it can handle and the space it can fit in.

Just thinking aloud but if you ever build a dedicated shop which i am sure one day might happen, or you want to lift something real heavy into the air surely a bobcat is more versatile than a tractor. Pulling out that bush you showed us you doing with the truck well a bobcat could surely handle that and then be able to fill in the holes as well no? and what about protection, you got a cage around you in one of them versus being exposed on a tractor seat. Bobcats can also be used to break up concrete and load on a truck if you want to get rid of the junk pile the previous neighbor left or bury it. And if you wanted to put up posts for a ranch fence well bobcats have augers as well.

I aint no construction guy but watch the guys around here and what they do with one of those things and i dont see where a tractor compares unless you got a farm, grass to cut or see to plant etc.

As for the vintage car market I was not brought up in Car country so i aint attached to them like you North Americans. I do like my Hemi engine though.:D

Two of my favorite words.....

044_44-1-1.jpg

I figured this thread would lure the Ashman in. Like a brook trout on a gray hackle peacock fly. :rofl:

Rob, I'm just guessing here, but I suspect a Bobcat is more expensive to buy and maintain than an old Ford tractor. With a lift bucket, a tractor can do a lot of the things you mentioned, although it's still not nearly as fun to operate. :D