What I said...What he heard

Driveway maintenance and brush clearing would be another chore for it.

Would have to keep the driveway nice and smooth for sharons muscle car!

a bob cat will do all of that brent but a ford 8n like jim mentioned is more reasonable..but once you start adding a bucket to one then your gettin close in costs on a good used cat.. the manuervablilty of a bobcat is much better than any tractor.. if you lookun for fresh tractors then the kubota gets my nod as well, like chuck said they are very good small tractors..

...I aint no construction guy but watch the guys around here and what they do with one of those things and i dont see where a tractor compares unless you got a farm, grass to cut or see to plant etc...:D

Bobcats are very useful and versatile, but one drawback to using them on established turf or landscaping is the skid-steer. They really tear things up on the turns! Of course, the skid steer is an advantage in close quarters, since the Bobcat can litterally pivot about its center, where a conventional tractor would require several "K" maneuvers to turn around.

As for a used Bobcat - they're generally more like 'used up' when the contractors get done with them. They just beat 'em to death!

I know there are still millions in use, but IMHO, 8Ns are only good for lawn ornaments.

I gotta nod in acknowledgement of that one......

Deere.....no matter how you wanna disect it.....they are the one in the long run.

so what, you say parts are expensive?......cause you don't have to buy them as often as some of the other brands.

Here is my argument....we farmed over 2,000 acres for years, with predominately Deere.

Rare is the time we EVER had to do any major repairs, other than the usual maintenanceissues (gawd I'm spellun like LaaryY) with any of our tractors.

Neighbors (farming with other brands) were always having a problem with something.....and yep we had a couple of them other brands ( we farmed with 8-12 tractors ranging from 60 h.p. to 180 h.p) we had more dang troubles with anything that wasn't JD green than anything else.

Can't speak for lawn tractors (though I'm convinced the old ones were rock solid) or these newfangled subcompacts (for that money I wanna own a real farm tractor that can do anything I throw at it) :dunno:

Go Deere...NEVER look back.

Trout analogy is a good one Vaughn :thumb:.....ya'll got me hook line and sinker. :rofl:

No one wants to slam my chebbie? :huh: :thumb:

Just thinking aloud but if you ever build a dedicated shop which i am sure one day might happen, or you want to lift something real heavy into the air surely a bobcat is more versatile than a tractor. Pulling out that bush you showed us you doing with the truck well a bobcat could surely handle that and then be able to fill in the holes as well no? and what about protection, you got a cage around you in one of them versus being exposed on a tractor seat. Bobcats can also be used to break up concrete and load on a truck if you want to get rid of the junk pile the previous neighbor left or bury it. And if you wanted to put up posts for a ranch fence well bobcats have augers as well.

I aint no construction guy but watch the guys around here and what they do with one of those things and i dont see where a tractor compares unless you got a farm, grass to cut or see to plant etc.

As for the vintage car market I was not brought up in Car country so i aint attached to them like you North Americans. I do like my Hemi engine though.:D

Well Rob both a tractor and a skid steer have there uses. That's why at one point I had one of each:thumb: Well really I had 2 tractors and a skid steer. If I was to go out and start replacing equipment I would start with the excavator than the skid steer and last but not least the tractor. Oh and the skid steer would have tracks. :thumb: Tracks are the only way to go.:thumb:
As for the 8N if'n your looking for a planter in the front yard that's the way to go.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl: I had an ol Ferguson TO 35 basally a 8N and if you needed to use it for 20 minutes you had to work on it for 2 hours first. :doh::rofl::rofl: It also seemed to be a union tractor.... Had to have a break every 2 hours rather you where done or not.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have to agree with Steve on the JD. With our old 2010 we had growing up, I can count on one hand the times that it didn't start, and that was due to a dead battery and one time that water got in the tank from my brother leaving the cap off and it rained. Dad finally rebuilt the engine after 25 years and the cylinder sleeves could be replaced, no boring them out. The engine was literal back to factory specs when done and ran like new until he sold it along with the farm.