Client options

i`m a board-n-pencil kinda guy......`puters outwit me every time:eek:
Hi Tod, you are not alone.....
I hear that!... I've been thinking:rolleyes: ...Maybe we can con Dave into a really basic tutorial that we can work on slowly and every so often. I'd like to learn sketch up but don't have the concentrated hours to spend at one time. Being computer illiterate and alone with my computer illiterate Golden, so many things come up I don't understand, thus I avoid alot the computer could do. Maybe Dave would do a ten part STICKY on computers, then start SU.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
P.S. like to see some of your pretty board pictures.
Shaz

Todd,

I like it, let's call it Traditional Sketch Up (TSU).:rofl:

I use the same method at times!

When I have time I like to sit down with graph paper, because the stuff ends up looking more proportional, but it also makes me spend a bit more time working out some of the details on paper to make it look correctly as well.

We all work differently though, and it is good to understand that some folks can really accomplish a lot with a modern program like Sketch Up.

shaz, here are two sketches/measurements that i`ll do an office from, and a pic of a couple pieces of veneer for the curved raised panels in the ceiling...tod

View attachment 7220

View attachment 7221

View attachment 7222
Hi Tod,
From the looks of the measurements, it seems you have laid out for (me assuming) vents and lights. Naturally you have information there you can take off with. Is this something we can look forward to your progress or was this for bidding or is it already done? I am interested in your veneering of the raised panels and more discussion of your ways of design and work when you have the time and the energy.:D Thanks for the photographic input.
Shaz
P.S. Your veneers are choice!

With the console done and the components in below the uba tuba top all that is left are the faceplates. I have them cut and lacquered, waiting to be installed. Here is that photo

faceplateSteveM (4).jpg
Hope to install this week and have that final photo for you'all soon.
:wave: Shaz

:D Well this one is done, faceplates are installed and seem to fit well enough to get paid.:rofl: :rofl: Here is a photo of the before the faceplate and after the faceplates.Steve components set (600 x 450).jpgcopy then delete 001.jpg then finished.[copy then delete 006.jpgcopy then delete 005.jpgcopy then delete 002.jpgcopy then delete 004.jpg

You do good work Shaz!:thumb: The units look great, although they are not really to my taste. Too contemporary, but what the client wants, the client gets!