Shop expansion???

Well I can't switch the assembly and machine rooms around even thou it makes TOTAL sense work flow wise. My current shop in below the bedrooms and the new assembly room will be below the living room. So due to noise during the day or evening, the machines can not go below the living room. when the loml is in the living room and I am in the shop, she can hardly hear anything:thumb:

Well Tom thats an even better case for a seperate building for a shop.:thumb:

Just checking back Tom, hope you are making better progress than me! Let's just say my wife will get her kitchen, well, uhm, mmmm, :huh:, pfffffft ppppffffffftttt, I confess, I don't know when! :dunno::eek::D:rofl::rofl:
Eight years ago she broke her wrist, spent the savings then on that.
Six years ago got her gall bladder out and tubes tied, spent savings on that.
Two years ago hysterectomy and stuff, savings again.
This year, broken foot. Savings were already gone on the two weddings. And workman's comp is yet to send a check if that is what they do. This is the first work related injury. So savings were gone anyway.
God willing, the creek don't rise and we keep the power on by me having a job after this coming school year she is gonna get a kitchen next year! Yeah, that's it, next year! :thumb::dunno::doh::thumb:

She will get her kitchen Jon, I am sure of that.....you will get it done:thumb::thumb::thumb: (OH by the way, we start demo on the kitchen this Sunday:)). And Alan, I would love to have the shop in a dedicated building, but hey, this is already build, heated, AC and no one else in the house wants the space:)

Tom a little correction if i may, the only thing stopping you from a relay out is noise if i understand correctly.

So why not put up some of that green sound insulation inbetween the joists and then hang some drywall furring channel and put up some drywall. This can then be painted and will add better light. Additional bonus is should you ever decide to sell and move new owners will see it as a plus towards a finished basement where the noise from above is seperated from the bottom.

I plan to do that in my basement someday when/if i decide to ever finish it.

The other thing to consider is dust in the ducts. I know you have a dust collector but dust is a sneaky thing so it gets in everywhere as you well know. By closing up the ceiling in your shop space you could deal with that issue once and for all.

Those two should surely make the missus very happy.;):):thumb: Aint an expensive add on and you got Larry the helper up the road to hold the drywall up while you screw it in. :thumb::thumb:

Done properly everyone will be a winner. Then you get freedom in terms of layout.

Sleep on that.