TS blades

Jim O'Dell

Well, with my little bonus I got at work, I ordered 2 new blades...one for the Hitachi slider that I have been wanting ever since I got the saw (the factory blade on it stinks except for rough carpentry work) and a new combo blade for the Grizzly G0691. DSCN2710.jpg (Picture taken before the blade was cleaned up.)The SCMS blade is on the right, combo blade on the left. Both are Infinity blades. I caught them on sale, and David also applied an extra 10% off for being a member of a certain wood forum. And free shipping to boot!!
These blades are beautiful, just looking at them. The Nickel Armor plating makes it very industrial looking. Now I haven't cut much, and haven't mounted the SCMS blade yet at all, but the 50 tooth combo blade was unbelievable when I used it to cross cut a 4 quarter piece of QSWO that is about 4 1/2" wide. The cut edge is perfect, almost polished. DSCN2721.jpg And no splintering at all. Scott Spencer has mentioned this and the Infinity Super General blades as being very nice blades in his blade comparisons and recommendations, but this was way beyond my expectations. I now feel that I can send my 60 tooth blade out for sharpening, as it is in dire need of it. I believe I have a blade that will do whatever I need to do, even ply and laminate work!!
Just thought I'd let you know of a great blade if you are in the market for a new one! Jim.

Last edited:
Nice tool gloat there Jim:D but seems to me you got a double bonus with all the discounts. Thanks for sharing it seems to continously come up that there aint no substitute for sharp.;)