It's here !!

Bob Gibson

Trucker finally dropped it off Friday evening. Great guy, he hand trucked it down my 300' deer fly infested driveway:thumb:

So far I'm pretty impressed. Everything fit together and the right amount of bolts, nuts and washers were in the bag:thumb::thumb::rofl: The paint is perfect and adjustments were simple enough that I could do them.

Kind of annoying that they mixed metric and standard fasteners but what the heck. At least the instructions were in all in English.:rofl:

I can foresee a mobile base in my future as well as a riser block. But I really excited to give it a few tough tests this week.

100_3726 (600 x 400) bandsaw 1.jpg

100_3727 (600 x 400) bandsaw 2.jpg

100_3728 (600 x 400) bandsaw 3.jpg

Woo-hoo! Congrats, Bob. :thumb: If you're thinking about a riser block, sooner is better than later, so you don't invest in too many blades that will end up being too short once you have the riser.

Woo-hoo! Congrats, Bob. :thumb: If you're thinking about a riser block, sooner is better than later, so you don't invest in too many blades that will end up being too short once you have the riser.

+1000 on that. I've got a few blades from before I got mine. Not even sure why I didn't throw them away yet....

I would say that it is Purdy -- but Purdy is just west of me a few miles.

Looks nice and hope you get many miles of cutting out of it...

Hi Bob,

Congratulations. You will use that tool for a gillion things over the next many years. I am still using the Delta that my dad purchased when I was in High School (about 1942 or 43). It works great and I use it almost every day. This tool was a good lifetime investment for you.

Have fun with it and Enjoy,

Jim

Very neat Bob, I am liking the white color. I think Grizzly is on to something here. The name color touch of green. Very nice.:thumb: Beats the Delta grey. Heck grey is like Ford was when cars were first made, any color as long as its black.:(

+1 on getting the riser before too long. Makes a difference to the saw.

It's here

WOW,that sucker looks nice.I just npicked up the Ricon 14" Deluxe last week and man is that sucker nice,I got lucky,as mine was a floor model and was put together,plus got 50 bucks off :D OOP's,sorry to cut in on your gloat :doh: congrates an enjoy.:wave: :thumb:

Congrats. You will like it a lot. I dig the color picture decal.
BTW, the Grizzly model is white but sets on a green base.
Vaughn's riser block advice is good. I bought a riser block more than a year ago but haven't installed yet simply because of the 'cheap' factor. I have a good supply of blades for the saw without riser and don't want to start reinvesting in bigger ones. But, I have chunks of wood that are wanting to be reduced in size, I need to install the riser.
If you aren't familiar with bandsaws (like I wasn't :rolleyes: ) it will take some fiddling and time to get your adjustments just right. After that it is a trouble free help-mate in the shop. :thumb: