Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Busy rough 2 1/2 weeks

Busy rough 2 1/2 weeks

Well the wife tried to kill me, but I agreed, so it's my fault.

On the 4th of July, the wife ask if I could have the basement bath in better shape for Comets 16th birthday party. Sure I say, we need a toilet in the basement anyways. Been putting that one off for a while.

Monday, it's off to the races. (Now this wasn't all done Monday.) I rent a jackhammer, blow out the floor. Tap into the sewer line. Fix the floor. Then lay a new floor. Hmm, need a sink, build a cabinet and top. Get a used sink, cleaned it up and installed. Need lights and electric. Rebuild an old light. Run the electric. Run the water. Well might as well do some more walls and such. I ended up framing out about 1/2 the basement. I had done what I needed done for the party, I have a pick up list to finish. Few pieces of trim and what not.

We have had 8 1/2" of rain since last Monday (7-12). The walnut I had cut down and was going to be used for logs, is GONE. Floated off to somewhere. Got hit by lightning last Thursday and again Sunday. Sunday's took a toll on TV's and computers. Lost 2 tv's, Wii, computer, printer, external harddrive and who knows what else I haven't found. TV's are at repair shop, per insurance. I explained to the guy, I don't want them back. Don't like having stuff that was whacked. We will see how that goes.

All in all, it was fun and aggravating at the same time. The lightning, is not a big deal, headache yes, but material things were damaged and can be replaced.

Well Steve I am sorry to hear about the lightning and all that damage now we knows where you disappeared to. So hows the back after all that basement work? You gonna get a mac now with the opportunity to buy new. Surely the computers have to be replaced.

Now way to look down river for your walnut Boy must have been some rain given the depth of that river gully you had the wood out of there didnt you.
    cheers

Oh the walnut is around. Just a matter of finding it. When we get 3 or 4 inch real quick, it gets pretty nasty. I think the Monday it started raining we got 3.5 in an hour. Things got swelled up fast.

As far as the puter. Probably no Mac for me. Will just get a cheap Hp or something. Can't see spending too much on it, as it will either get hit again or have something spilled on it.

Back is fine, shoulder hurts like, well you know. Will need to take a couple shots to the basement tomorrow. I think it turned out pretty neat.

Steve, you know Don is gonna come along and say, "No picture, didn't happen." so don't let him talk to your insurance agent!
    Jesus was a Woodworker

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mooney View Post
    Steve, you know Don is gonna come along and say, "No picture, didn't happen." so don't let him talk to your insurance agent!
    well,,,,
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Glad to see you survived the 2 1/2 weeks, although sorry to hear about the damage. Looking forward to seeing the pics of the basement.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

do your self a favor and get some better grounds rods in place steve, used to have the same problem with power spikes and the extra grounding fixed it.. after while the insurance companys dont like to hear yu call.. and stop covering things.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Been through the lightning hits before but not as bad as you got it. Lost some electronics and my well pump.. Glad you area all OK.
    Looking forward to pics of the build.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Life on the a farm never a dual moment Steve.

Larry I have to ground the stripper with a big rod in the shop

Drilled a the hole ...........into the concrete ran a 5' rebar and a ground wire when a medal 55 is in place. Man if this place blows it will take a city block with it.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

The problem is with the phone line. My phone carrier even admitted it. They came Monday and added several new grounds and made sure everything was tight and up to spec. We get our TV channels thru the phone line, so it hits the phone line, follows it, nails anything hooked to a phone line.