It's not a horse barn but...

Congrats on getting it to be yours Darren:thumb::thumb::thumb: Looks like a great home and will be better when you and your wife personalize to your tastes, and can't wait to see what you do with the shop:D

Darren, what's on the other side of the railing in the sitting room (picture 6)? Is it a loft, and beyond the railing the lower level? The brickwork behind the mirror is throwing me off.

Yup, it's a loft above the living room below, that is the fireplace coming up through the opening. In the pics they've placed a mirror in that photo to cover the duck hanging on the fireplace. :) I told my wife I'd pay extra if they threw in the duck...she didn't agree.

There is also a sun room on the back side of the fireplace/living room. The windows in the living room can be opened to allow some of the heat from that area to rise to the other floors. Between that and the pellet stove that they are leaving, it should make it pretty cheap to heat. The inspector said that the house was extremely well insulated, so shouldn't take much to keep it warm.

Wow, that was a fast close :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Didn't feel like it...We had a duel going between the appraiser and underwriter for about 3 weeks. Because the house is a font to back split level, the living room and third bedroom was below grade (on three sides) and the house went to about half the sq footage by FHA rules. The appraiser wasn't finding comps that would match the property to justify the price. The bank president finally wrote a letter to the FHA stating that they were going to back the loan as they felt the house was worth it and FHA approved it. The appraiser finally made notes about the house that appeased them as well, but I think I got a few more gray hairs over those few weeks.

Congratulations Darren, you must feel real good now especially after seeing that Garage thread and seeing how much that guy paid to have a shop which in my opinion is not as nice as yours on a nice piece of land with a pool nearby.:thumb:

I've been waiting to say this until you closed.....

So is the shop done yet? :rofl::wave::D:rofl:

thanks for gettun him fired up jeff:D:D i was just gonna say that maybe know he has some work to do on the house and shop that maybe i can catch at home sometime in the future.. in the past he kept moving on me:) nice place darren:D:thumb::thumb:

Been a long weekend. We were suppose to take possession at Noon Sunday. Packed up the trailer, Tahoe, my brother's truck, and my wife's suv with pretty much everything out of our garage at the town-home and headed to the new house. While in transit to the new house, we got a call that the seller's movers were late showing up, but their agent said that they just needed to get the big stuff out of the house, all the little stuff had been moved. Upon showing up at Noon, we're not surprised to see moving trucks there, however; nothing had been packed and that was the first of three trucks being loaded. 5 hours later we finally were able to unload. In the mean time, everyone that had volunteered to help with taking up carpet and other things I had planned to do, were ready to leave, so I spent the rest of the night alone pulling carpet and pad, and changing locks on my own. :(

Could have been a better day, but we're at least in and projects have been started. We had about 10 million staples to pull out of the subfloor today and the new appliances were delivered. My nephew and brother showed up and we've got most of the wallpaper down and walls ready for paint this coming weekend, so things are moving along. Even had time for about an hour in the pool today.

Here's some pics of the new trailer and shop...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Need to install closure strips around the outside to help seal it up and will be taking down the current walls and the drywall on them. The electrical is a mess, so will be taking out the existing circuits and redoing them.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 43
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 43
  • Image00005.jpg
    Image00005.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Image00006.jpg
    Image00006.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 42
That shop is gonna be a fun project. Having all that space, and basically starting with a clean slate, you can make a great man cave in there. :thumb:

Oh i can see you enjoying this project and many hours in that shop. Going to be hard to decide how to carve it all up and then not have any regrets.:D But that will just be an excuse to do it all again.

Good luck with the shop Darren and yeah i am glad to hear you hauling the electrical out and starting again. That way you know the standard it was done to.

Good luck with the shop Darren and yeah i am glad to hear you hauling the electrical out and starting again. That way you know the standard it was done to.

You can note from the pics, there weren't hardly any wall plugs, Most of them are on switches on the ceiling as they had used the cheap florescent lights that plug in. I think I counted a total of three around all the walls. He left his stereo, which was also on a switched plug.

Need to install some new outdoor lights too. Not one street lamp around us, man was it dark out after hours, but the view of the sky was awesome, been a while since I've seen that kind of view.

Need to install some new outdoor lights too.

We did some dusk-to-dawn accent lighting, and a couple motion detector floods after we moved in here. Makes the place look nice, and the motion detectors deter bad folk (hopefully) although the deer, turkeys, raccoons, and coyotes to set them off nightly. :)

Not one street lamp around us, man was it dark out after hours.

We actually liked that aspect. Overly-civilized is over-rated! :D

the view of the sky was awesome, been a while since I've seen that kind of view.

Amazing how many stars there are when the city lights don't interfere, isn't it?