Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday, why didn't someone remind me

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

It's Friday, why didn't someone remind me

So Wacha got cooken
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Another B-Day dinner tonight that friends are doing for me that couldn't make it to the celebration last Monday.

Tomorrow going to my nephew's new house to install flooring and work on anything else he needs done so he can get moved in next week. He bought a bank-owned property that needed some work, but he got a great deal on it. Mostly needed paint and flooring, only a few things to fix.

Tomorrow night we're going to a wine tasting party (our first) at some friends house.

Sunday I may try to make it to the range...been having withdraws since we've been doing nothing but house hunting lately. Might even fit in some new shop planning in the afternoon.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Not much wood working Im afraid.

Gotta rip the dash out of the old pathfinder.

Gotta get our sailboat ready for vacation. I'm afraid we've neglected it for a while and I've got a lot of work to do on it. Bottom paint, motor maintenance, new lines, complete clean up inside/out, waxing... Gonna take a while...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Picked up the appliances for the second half of the kitchen this week and will start building the cabinets this weekend. Other than that I'm not doing anything.

Taking my last weekend off before the start of demo and install Oh and having the ambassador and his lovely bride over for a BBQ of ribs and ABT's...............and just maybe a cold one or so

working and resting up for my restful vacation.

Working on the mortiser cabinet and the follow along tutorial.

And preparing for Sunday, as usual.

Lovin' it!

I got the bit from Infinity today that I needed to work on the replacement arms for the chair MY WIFE is refurbishing. Need to do that. Maybe plane the remainder of the QSWO to get it smoothed out. Have I mentioned how much I love my Delta 52-580 lunchbox planer that I finally hooked up last weekend after it having it for almost 6 years!!! It really did a nice job. The pattern bit I got won't fit in the first drawer I have for router bits, so I need to pull the second one apart and drill and install the grommets in it so I can keep from ruining this bit. Second drawer is taller than the first.
    We have 2 rescue dogs going to their new homes this weekend, and another going to a different foster home so we will be down to just our 2 personal dogs during the time of Glenna's surgery and recovery time. I'll be off for a week starting mid afternoon Monday to be home for her.
    Need to draw up the designs for the computer desk I want to build this weekend. I need to take a night stand apart to study the structure. I'm trying to copy that style somewhat. Will hopefully do some of the work on that next week while Glenna is sleeping/resting/or otherwise doesn't need me. Oh, and cleaning the house, grocery shopping and taking care of my bride. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

It's gonna be 97 tomorrow... so probably stay in the house... will need to pick tomatoes first thing in the AM...

I know I know Don... probably 197 in your part of the world... but it's a dry heat..
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ellis View Post

I know I know Don... probably 197 in your part of the world... but it's a dry heat..
    Actually Chuck, It's been rather nice the last few days. High 80's low 90's. That'll change this week end supposed to be low 100's. The pool has even cooled down due to the lower day and night temps.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward