Senior Breakfast

Dan Mooney

We went to breakfast at a restaurant where the 'seniors' special' was two eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast for $2.99.

'Sounds good,' my wife said. 'But I don't want the eggs.'

'Then, I'll have to charge you $3.49 because you're ordering a la carte,' the waitress warned her.

'You mean I'd have to pay for not taking the eggs?' my wife asked incredulously..

'YES!' stated the waitress.

'I'll take the special then,' my wife said..

'How do you want your eggs?' the waitress asked.

'Raw and in the shell,' my wife replied. She took the two eggs home and baked a cake.

Don't mess with Seniors! :rofl:

Back in my traveling band days, I stopped for breakfast by myself at Denny's in Great Falls, Montana one morning. Apparently, the locals could tell I wasn't from around those parts, because the whole restaurant went silent for a minute when I walked in and took a seat. This was pretty common when the whole band would show up at a restaurant, but didn't happen much when I was eating solo.

Since they already figured I was strange, and since I didn't want to disappoint anybody, when the waitress asked how I wanted the eggs, I said "Raw". She got a puzzled look on her face, so I said "Raw. In a coffee cup." She rolled her eyes, then went back to the kitchen, where I heard her say "I need a Number 3 breakfast...but this guy wants the eggs RAW!" A few minutes later she arrived with my breakfast, just like I'd ordered it. I chugged the eggs, ate my toast and bacon, paid my bill and left a nice tip, then headed back to the hotel. :D Just a normal, everyday guy. ;)

For five years my breakfast going out the door in the morning was two eggs in a glass! Got food poisoning from raw chocolate chip cookie dough, won't take the risk any more!
My dad owned a Mobil station. The lady down the highway where we ate lunch daily used to bring in her own filter and oil when she wanted her oil changed. One morning after changing the oil dad took her a loaf of bread and a dozen eggs and ordered his breakfast. She came out, gave him a look, of course the whole table of guys were crying from laughing so hard, she went back in, made his breakfast and bought her oil and filter from him from that day on. Dad said they never talked about that to the day she died. :dunno:
Dan, sharp lady you got!!:thumb::thumb: