High end cabinet

Chuck Thoits

So I have this kitchen job. Well it's been on going for some time now. If you remember I put some new draws in my shop that's when I installed the bulk of the kitchen. The owner bought the cabinets for the job and went to some high end cabinet shop to get them. They paid big coin for these so I just had to post some picks of them.

Attachments

• tn_cab 003.JPG
    tn_cab 003.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 66
  • tn_cab 010.JPG
    tn_cab 010.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 55
  • tn_cab 009.JPG
    tn_cab 009.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 60
  • tn_cab 008.JPG
    tn_cab 008.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 67
  • tn_cab 007.JPG
    tn_cab 007.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 75
  • tn_cab 006.JPG
    tn_cab 006.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 62
  • tn_cab 005.JPG
    tn_cab 005.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 66
  • tn_cab 004.JPG
    tn_cab 004.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
pic one is how they hold the whole thing together.
Pic 2 is the cabinet all put together
3 4 and 5 more views
6 7 and 8 the whole thing broke down in under 10 minutes.
7 and 8 show the joinery that they use with these knock down clips.
Now IMO these are just cheap borg cabs that shouldn't be sold to the unsuspecting public. For the price they paid I could have built them cabs from scratch that would have actually fit in the kitchen.
This one has been brought home to be modified into a oven cab.

Last edited:
High end Flat Pack Cabinets? :huh:

The plywood even looks like it was borg quailty...

Did the owners brother own the cabinet shop?

IT seems I hear about more kitchen cabinet rip-offs than any other part of woodworking. I suppose that is because it is an area where a lot of activity takes place as opposed to high-end custom built-ins or something. A member on another forum who I helped out with a cyclone install has a portfolio of the high-end, custom kitchen installs done by others that he has repaired/replaced for his customers. Makes it hard on the guys who are doing quality work who get lumped together with the losers.

Pic one all the hardware they used to hold it together.
Pic 2 there hardware stored for later use.
pic 3 4 5 and 6 there drawer
7 and 8 you have two ways to git the front off
One bash the front off as I did or two bash the draw box apart.
9 what the front looks like after removal
pic 10 well time to get out skechup and start the new box.

Attachments

• tn_cab1 010.JPG
    tn_cab1 010.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 35
  • tn_cab1 009.JPG
    tn_cab1 009.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 37
  • tn_cab1 008.JPG
    tn_cab1 008.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 35
  • tn_cab1 007.JPG
    tn_cab1 007.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 34
  • tn_cab1 006.JPG
    tn_cab1 006.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 36
  • tn_cab1 005.JPG
    tn_cab1 005.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 37
  • tn_cab1 004.JPG
    tn_cab1 004.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 35
  • tn_cab1 003.JPG
    tn_cab1 003.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 39
  • tn_cab1 002.JPG
    tn_cab1 002.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 35
  • tn_cab1 001.JPG
    tn_cab1 001.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
pic one shorting up old sides
pic 2 and 3 bottom first Oh this is glued and screwed.
pic 4 face frame drying in the clamps. That's what gives me time to post

Attachments

• tn_cab1 011.JPG
    tn_cab1 011.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 28
  • tn_cab1 012.JPG
    tn_cab1 012.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 29
  • tn_cab1 013.JPG
    tn_cab1 013.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 27
  • tn_cab1 014.JPG
    tn_cab1 014.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
well i didnt realize that i had some cabs get over in your parts chuck.. i think that hardware in them is pretty awesome stuff and the way i hide those screws was clever dont yu think?:rofl:

Chuck the owners got what they deserved. They did not do their homework. You should sting them now for the real custome work.

Those must have been "Made in China" flat pack kits with a ton of hype marketing to give the "snob" value. Oh boy....now you gotta fix it all.

Hey make sure you leave them plenty of busines cards, they gonna be calling you back when that lot starts to fall apart.

well i didnt realize that i had some cabs get over in your parts chuck.. i think that hardware in them is pretty awesome stuff and the way i hide those screws was clever dont yu think?:rofl:

Larry, when did you switch from using particle board? Oh yeah...it's your high-end line. I forgot. :p I see you used the good staples, too. :thumb:

Congratulations, you've just discovered one of the nasty little secrets about modern residential construction, and that is it's not what you get, it's what you pay.

Congratulations, you've just discovered one of the nasty little secrets about modern residential construction, and that is it's not what you get, it's what you pay.

Aint nothing modern bout that. :thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
And you think it's bad in residential? Take a look at the fine craftsmanship going on in the commercial buildings.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oh my mister business owner you just couldn't run your operation out of a building that is not LEED certified. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: chaching:rofl::rofl:My favorite thing to have come out of a clients mouth. I want my building to be LEED certified. All I can say is thank you for paying me triple what I was going to charge you.

Last edited: