This is a walnut and maple end table I built for my reading chair. So far I've put a single coat of BLO on it, not sure what to do next. I've never done any elaborate finishing before. I typically use oil, wipe on poly, and wax. Any alternative suggestions?
The dovetails didn't turn out very well, so I plan to redo the inside of the drawer at a later date when I have more skill. But since it's my reading table, I decided I'd leave them. I did use screws to fasten the drawer front on so it will be easy to change over. I haven't made my mind up on a drawer pull yet, I got to look around and find something that jumps out at me.
The top is another experiment of mine, not sure how it will turn out. I figure if the miters split from wood expansion, I will cut the ends off and make a real breadboard end. I just like the way this looks better. I grooved all the way around the center board and in the 45's for a 1/4" x 1" spline. The center board is also only 10" wide, so I'm hoping it's enough to keep it all together.