Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don is sleeping again

Don is sleeping again

It's Friday and I'll be heading to the farm in Va to finish up setting deer stands and do a little work on the farm. Plus a surprise half bushel of crabs for Lunch to my friend.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Give the guy a break. He's probably busy. Here, let me chime in with some inspiration as to how to spend your weekend: http://holidays.bfn.org/xmas/countdown.html
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

I mentioned some time back that I had spoken to the director of a crematory here in Boise about building some urns for them to place on their display shelf. I visited with him this morning and he was more than accommodating, even showing me some of the items that another craftsman in the area is supplying. I got some measurements, talked about his mark-up, and when I could have product to him. He told me the locally made boxes were his best selling items and he would be happy to take what I made - first on consignment, but then to purchase as inventory should my design turn out to e a good seller.

It's a small step, but an important one! I'll do a cleaning in the shop this weekend and start building a pine prototype. I promised hims several urns for display in two weeks.
    Last edited by Rennie Heuer; 07-30-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I been tied up all morning but I back now, I'll be working in the shop Sat, Church, race and more shop on Sunday.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

give the guy az break..he is busy gettun his commision ready for delivery.. i for one am gonne be going to a kitchen party for toms new kitchen
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

I don't wanna do nothing this weekend.

My brain hurts from work the past couple of weeks, and my home pc just died on me. Well, one of my home PC's, but it was my main one...

But I'll probably be doing some painting and getting the kitchen ready to install some new flooring...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    give the guy az break..he is busy gettun his commision ready for delivery.. i for one am gonne be going to a kitchen party for toms new kitchen
    Wish i was able to join you and help out.

Sharpening weekend for me.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Wish i was able to join you and help out.

Sharpening weekend for me.
    All weekend? Didn't you just have a sharpening day last week?
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    All weekend? Didn't you just have a sharpening day last week?
    He's procrastinating on finishing the bench, at the rate he's going Jonathan will have his kitchen remodel done before that bench get finished.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Shop time Sat and Sun
    Faith, Hope & Charity