I just wanted to thank you all...

Stuart Ablett

I just wanted to thank you all for the thoughts and prayers you all sent my cousin Dan Loyst's way in the last year.

Dan Pass away on July 30th at 11AM. He was surrounded by family.

Dan was given three months to live when the first discovered cancer in his brain and other areas of his body in March of 2009, he beat that number by quite a bit, but in the end, the brain cancer is what did him in.

He will be missed, Dan was like a younger brother to me.

dan and stu july 04.jpg
Here is a pic of Dan and I in 2004, happier times.

Again, thank you all for your thought and prayers.

Stu

Awww, You guy's even look like you could have been brothers. So sorry to hear that Stu....

My sincerest condolences...

My thoughts and condolences go out to you and your family, Stu. One of my cousins died a week ago today, and although we didn't see much of each other as adults, he was always one of the "big kids" I looked up to as a kid.

Thanks everyone!

I grew up with Dan and his brother Jim, they were both just younger than I and they like me had an older brother. I would say that from about 12 years of age until maybe 16 years of age I spent more days of my summers up at their house, out in the sticks than I did at home :D

I learned a lot about a lot from my uncle Mel, and my auntie Jean always took such good care of us, she made fresh bread every day, nothing like waking up to that lovely smell :thumb:

Dan, Jim and I were constant companion, we shared a very important journey from being a child to becoming a young man.

I have not seen Dan to since 2004, in 2008 when we last went back to Canada Dan had moved to another town for work and was too busy as the boss, to get the weekend off to come for my parents 50th. I regret not taking the time to go and see him, but who knew :dunno:

Tomorrow is not promised.

Again, thank you all for your kindness.

Cheers!

Thanks everyone.

I've decided to get a good quality print made of that picture of Dan and I, I will then make a simple picture frame for it, I'll use some of that wonderful Tiger Maple that Peter Rideout brought me from Canada, then I'll send the picture and frame to my aunt and uncle.

Cheers!