Custom litter box cover

Mike Mathieu

Hi everyone
Here are a few pics of a little commission that I just completed. It is a custom litter box cover for a client that has 3 cats and lives in a high end retirement apartment.I originally was going to build it with a hinged top for easier cleaning but she preferred that I build it with a solid top but light in weight so she could pick it up . I used cypress for the wood and made the bead board sides 3/8" thick and used floating splines to allow for expansion. Finished with 3 coats of wipe-on poly. It measures 29Lx18Wx20T and weighs 25 lbs. Fun little project.

catboxcover011.jpg

catboxcover010.jpg

catboxcover014.jpg

Another happy customer!!!

nice box but will the wood hold the odor from the cats litter? our cat wont use a box with a lid on it you must have specail cats:) nice wood work though just the same

A friend of mine tried an earlier version that system (or one very much like it) and had poor success with it. Between the plumbing leaks and the little plastic balls that were supposed to substitute for litter, her cats wanted nothing to do with it.

I have read that about the earlier version, but those that had that one and now have the new one, say they fixed the problems.

The jury is still out, but I was just cracking up about the possibility :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, if Brent weren't such a cat lover, it would be no problem. But if he insists on having some, I have to figure out a way to maintain them :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Forum rules prohibit me from fully expressing my feelings to this post... :eek::bang::bang:

Suffice to say, we are reluctant cat keepers....

Thanks everyone for the comments
To Rob--who am I to argue with a customer that wants me to build a custom box for $300. The customer is always right and I'll do whatever it takes to pay the bills. Next is the $1000 kitty playground!!!