Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh a plumbing I will go.....

Oh a plumbing I will go.....

Well I am working on the canoe and getting the gunwalls done. Had a little mishap with the router and now have had to re design the plans. Anyways it was a good thing as i was looking through my material pile I pulled out some oak 1/4x 1inch slats from a project years back that never happened and you know as many of us know one day I will find a use for them. Well Today is the day I pulled them out from beside the hotwater tank and then I noticed the ends were wet. Oh no!! had a closer look and it was not the tank but coming from under the wall and running down into the garage. It seems that the contractor that built the house has run the copper piping under the slab for the laundry room and bathroom. I tuirned the hot water on and with the help of a trouble light watched as the bubbles gurgeled up from under the slab. I had known about it and was planning to change it one day. Well today I guess I will be getting started. I had planned to change the location of the hotwater tank anyways and move it into the house from the garage. I have to change the feed line as they ran that under the garage slab too. Canoe is on hold for the time being as is everything else. Oh the joys of it all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Water leak 001.JPG   Water leak 002.JPG   Water leak 005.JPG  
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

I admire your attitude. Plumbing makes me crazy.

Aw man, that bites. No envy here, but bucketloads of sympathy.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Well there isn't much point in complaining about it as it just has to be done. Yes plumbing makes me crazy too Carol. I at least i can do it myself and this is going to be a big job. I will have to take down drywall and run new lines to the Washer and laundry sink the toilet and bathroom sink all in different locations. So the room is going to look like a war zone for the next while. But on a good note it will be done.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

There is always something that will screw up a good day of woodworking
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Yea Bob and it is a long weekend here too. I was planning on working on the canoe all weekend and now it is just back to work. one day I might get a day off. Yea Right

Plumbing for me generates more curse words per minute than anyother household home improvement task....

My sympathies Drew...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Well I have had another look at it and it is a bigger job than I was expecting as all the water for the second floor is going through these pipes that go under the slab. I have opened up some exploritory holes in the dry wall looking for the location of the pipes I think there is a main wet wall betwreen the rec room and the laundry room but I just don't know. I coulkd just jack hammer up the floor near the leak and fix it there but I think this is just a bandaid approuch to the problem and I need to redesign the entire thing to do it right or this could be happeneing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Plumbing for me generates more curse words per minute than anyother household home improvement task....

My sympathies Drew...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Watson View Post
    Well I have had another look at it and it is a bigger job than I was expecting as all the water for the second floor is going through these pipes that go under the slab. I have opened up some exploritory holes in the dry wall looking for the location of the pipes I think there is a main wet wall betwreen the rec room and the laundry room but I just don't know. I coulkd just jack hammer up the floor near the leak and fix it there but I think this is just a bandaid approuch to the problem and I need to redesign the entire thing to do it right or this could be happeneing again.

and... it begins
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Watson View Post
    I am not a plumber but I would consider rerouting the water pipes around the poured floor if it it will pass the inspector---where is your sewage pipe ?