Oh a plumbing I will go.....

I hate mudding and taping just as much as i hate painting. I have done lots of it when I was younger. Point in case a hole that I cut out of the ceiling 3 yrs ago to fix the drain of the shower and it still is not fixed. I have thought about it often but it just has not given me the motivation yet to fix it. Working on so many other projects that just seem a bit more important always wins out.

...The only problem is that now i have a whole lot of patching to do starting with the hole in the concrete then the Lino and the holes I made in the dry wall. The adventure has not ended yet. :rofl:

Make sure you wrap that new copper to protect it from corrosion. The new concrete will immediately begin erosion of the copper if you don't wrap it.

Thanks Jim I have already wrapped it in electrical tape as the past plumber had done but I did a better job as I think that was what caused the problem as i found gaps in the tape where it was leaking. I think ( if i remember what a plumber told me) the concrete reacts with the copper if it come in direct contact. I am going to wrap some foam pipe insulation on them as well where they go through the concrete so that they can do some moving when and if the concrete shifts again. I know on the big jobs I have worked on all the plumbing is plastic and they are run inside a flexable shell ( color coded red and blue) then they are cast right in the slab.

Wow Drew what a way to spend a holiday weekend. Glad you got it sorted.:thumb: BTW makes no difference if the house is new or old. You should see what i have had to do in a new house here on my side of the country.

Wow Drew what a way to spend a holiday weekend. Glad you got it sorted.:thumb: BTW makes no difference if the house is new or old. You should see what i have had to do in a new house here on my side of the country.

Ok Rob where are the pics?? :rofl: Yea i know all about that as I have done lots of work on new homes here that have been thrown up so fast i wonder if anyone knows what Plumb and square actually means.

Oh and on the fish tank gloat I went to a store today that is getting out of fresh water and into salt only and were selling all the fresh water stock at 50% off. So I have a great filter and heater and light and a fraction of the cost of new. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I don't see no Filter, heater or light.

Jeez Don your fast. :rofl: Ok here are the pics. Still in the box's though as i have a new tank stand to build and have a glass for the top ordered. I also have lots of furniture to move around here before I can get it set up.

Attachments

• fish tank pics 001.JPG
    fish tank pics 001.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 10
  • fish tank pics 002.JPG
    fish tank pics 002.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 9
  • fish tank pics 003.JPG
    fish tank pics 003.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 9
  • fish tank pics 004.JPG
    fish tank pics 004.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 9
I don't envy anyone doing plumbing... at my house almost all plumbing entails crawling under the house - through a 16 x 20 inch opening, slithering around on my belly until I get to where ever the job is under the house, then laying on my back and trying to reach fittings that are either blocked by pylons, insulation or air conditioning ducts.

Chuck I totally understand as the first house I owned had a 16 inch crawl space under 1/2 the house with a dirt floor. I had to dig a trench under the main beam to get from one side to the other. I had to insulate and do the plumbing under that. I came out of the crawl space hole mud brown. Not a pretty site. I have had to crawl on my belly into crawl spaces to fix beams and one place to dig out 2 ft of muskeg so that we could build a concrete support wall. Sorry guys no pics as i didn't really want to remember those jobs.