Lady luck found me today

Done a little horse trading today. Met a guy who was looking for an old monkey wrench to hang in his garage. Conversation piece he called it. He can't find any anywhere. Told him I have a couple. Next thing he asks about my auction exploits. I told him about my plane weakness. I swapped for this.

Stanley #45 with Sweetheart logo on frame. Little rough but I really didn't need the monkey wrench.

DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

A little rough, you say? That looks like about a two gallon EvapoRust job! :rofl::rofl:

I see these for sale fairly often - usually with an asking price three or four times what they're worth. I do have a nice, pristine, Sargent version, though, and it's in a (newly made) fitted box. I've used it once or twice, but mainly it's a 'looker.'

Electrolosis will be your friend. Look up Marty's shop thread, he built his electrolosis apparatus, you will be surprised at what can be accomplished and it will let you look beyond the rust once you have this trick up your sleeve. As to the plane, someone cut off its cord, it won't work! :dunno::doh::rofl:

Electrolosis will be your friend. Look up Marty's shop thread, he built his electrolosis apparatus, you will be surprised at what can be accomplished and it will let you look beyond the rust once you have this trick up your sleeve. As to the plane, someone cut off its cord, it won't work! :dunno::doh::rofl:

Once he gets the rust off he can prolly hook a new cord to it.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Good trade Steve:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Messed around a little with it this morning. Going to be around 1012 degrees give or take a bit, so shop time limited.

All the things that should move or unscrew do so. That was a relief. Might take you up on the bath Frank. I think it could use it.