Dropping in from Oregon

Dan Phalen

Hi, all,

Just got in through the back door on a google for Sawstop info. Couldn't see the images without joining, and I figured heck, why not.

I have done several projects over the last four years, and posted pics on my website. Get a LOT of hits about the Norm's Router Table I built two years ago. It's not quite as purty today as in the pics because it gets a lot of use. I really love that tool.

Having just become a GREAT granddad, I may get into building toys for a while. Just started a toy chest the little girl will need in about a year. An elephant "trunk." It's fun and easy. I'll post progress on my site.

I'm mostly a lurker at the Woodnet forums but Hope to do some give and take here as well. You seem like a nice bunch of folks.

Dan
http://www.crestonwood.com/index.htm

Well Dan welcome to the family. Great of you to come in from the cold.

How about you do a shop tour post show us your set up.

BTW i hope you enjoy your stay you will find a great bunch of people here.:thumb:

Hey just had a look at your site and you make some nice stuff there. Larry will be happy to see another flatlander sign up.

Last edited:
Welcome Dan! Had a look at your router table - very nice. I purchased the plans a couple of years back and have been procrastinating. After seeing yours I'm thinking I should get off my duff and get r done.

thanks for keeping it simple i cant spell well and dan is easy to spell:) oh and i am the other darrel sometimes so just disreguard any comments by me.. welcome to the forum and i am sure you can fit right in amongst us right well:D:wave:

went back and looked at the web site that everyone was commenting on and there right that is very well done,, dan .. and yup glad your a flat worker we need the support:)

Thanks for the warm welcome from all of you.

I'm glad you enjoyed the web site and hope to add more. I'm struggling to remember to photograph my progress before things disappear into assembly. It's an extra step beyond the workpiece itself.

As for the other Dans in the Family, I agree it's a great name for a woodworker. :)