I'm way behind in getting the ball rolling on this, but a box of woodworking books arrived at my door recently...a donation to the forum from Charles Hans, who won a couple of hand planes in a giveaway here back in June. Charles wanted to pay something forward to the forum in appreciation of the planes, and he had several barely-used books that he thought would be useful to others here.
Charles sent a total of six books, so to help spread the cheer, we're going to split the books into groups and have multiple giveaways. This week's drawing will be the first of two, three, or maybe more giveaways. We also have some other freebies in the queue from other generous donors, so I'll need to crank up the giveaway machine and keep it in high gear for a while.
Up for grabs this week (click the picture to see a description of the contents):
While Patrick Spielman may not be a Carol Reed, I understand this is a well-liked and respected book. This is 384 pages of ground-pounding, fire-breathing, mud-slinging...oh wait, that's the monster truck write-up...sorry, wrong forum. Seriously, this book looks like it covers a lot of ground in the world of routerdom, and I'm sure it's got information and ideas you've probably not seen before. A useful addition to just about any woodworking library.
This giveaway will be run like the ones we've done in the past. Here's the scoop:
1. Our giveaways are "opt in" affairs. Only the members who enter the drawing by answering to that effect in the poll are eligible to win. The poll will be open for a week, and a numbered list will be made of the entrants. We'll use www.random.org to pick the winning number.
2. Family Woodworking Staff members are ineligible. Dangit.
3. You must enter to win. If you accidentally voted "No Thanks" or change your mind, send me a PM and I'll get you moved to the right list. This is a new drawing...if you entered another drawing you will not be included in this one unless you enter it.
4. The drawing will be done using a computer-generated random number. That number will be matched to the corresponding entry number. In other words, if 100 people enter the drawing, the number generator will pick a number between 1 and 100.
5. The poll will close 7 days after I finish posting this, so sometime around 11:30 PM Pacific time Wednesday August 11th. The drawing will be done sometime after the poll closes, give or take a half a day). The winner will be notified via e-mail and PM, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If it remains unclaimed, it's back to the random number picker to find another name. Once the winner is confirmed, the prize will be sent to the address the winner specifies.
So get your names on the list, and let's start giving away some books!
And a very special Thank You goes to Charles Hans for making this giveaway possible.